David Fincher to Produce Thriller 'IOU,' 'Mean Creek's' Jacob Aaron Estes Directing (Exclusive)
The MRC project is based on a script by Michael Arlen Ross ("Turistas").
Mean Creek writer-director and indie darling Jacob Aaron Estes is on board to helm IOU for Media Rights Capital. David Fincher, who seldom lends his name to projects he isn't directing, is producing the thriller.
Michael Arlen Ross (Turistas) wrote the screenplay, details of which are being kept under wraps.
The project is being prepped for a January production start.
Fincher (The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, The Social Network) already is in business with MRC. The company is producing the Netflix political drama series House of Cards, which Fincher is executive producing.
Estes' feature helming debut, Mean Creek, premiered at the Sundance Film Festival and later unspooled at Cannes. The 2004 film, which was distributed by Paramount Classics, won two Independent Spirit Awards.
He also wrote and directed The Details, a dark comedy about animalistic impulses among the married set. Details, which also premiered at Sundance, will be released by Radius in the fall. He also wrote The Dark Endeavor: The Apprenticeship of Victor Frankenstein for Summit, which Matt Reeves is attached to direct.
Before becoming a filmmaker, Estes worked as a caterer, a lighting technician and a freelance writer for several ad agencies, where he specialized in naming new products.
Estes and Ross are repped by CAA and Management 360.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR