David Koepp to Adapt 'Brilliance' Novel for Big Screen (Exclusive)
Joe Roth and Palek Patel are producing the adaptation of the upcoming book by Marcus Sakey.
Legendary has tapped David Koepp to pen its adaptation of the Marcus Sakey novel Brilliance.
Joe Roth and Palek Patel are producing along with Legendary.
Taking cues from Marvel's X-Men franchise, the book takes place in a world where a rare set of people are born with extraordinary abilities and are called “brilliants.” At the center of the story is a federal agent with great hunting gifts who is drafted to hunt down a terrorist, another such brilliant who intends to start a civil war.
The book is due to hit stores in August and is intended to be part of a trilogy.
Alex Hedlund is overseeing for Legendary, which is coming off a strong opening with its Jackie Robinson baseball drama 42.
Hiring Koepp signals that Legendary intends to aim high with the adaptation. The scribe is among the town’s highest-priced and in-demand script crafters whose credits range from Steven Spielberg’s Jurassic Park and War of the Worlds to franchise starters such as Mission: Impossible and Spider-Man and reboots like the upcoming Jack Ryan.
He is repped by CAA.
2014 Emmy Awards
Follow Heat Vision
- Jon Stewart Loves How Epic HuffPost Headlines Win The Internet
- Jesse Helt, Miley Cyrus' Date At The VMAs, Turns Himself In For Probation Violation
- Solo Concerts, Stealin' Home & Similar Skin: Chats with Bruce Hornsby, Iain Matthews and Umphrey's McGee...Plus!
- Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, Iconic Pro Wrestler, Hospitalized After Collapse
- Julianne Hough Snaps Selfies With Former DWTS Partner Helio Castroneves
- Rose McGowan Pours Pink Paint Over Charli XCX in 'Break The Rules' Music Video - Watch Here!
- Fergie Is Going to Miss the Bar at 'Chelsea Lately'
- Simon Cowell & Girlfriend Lauren Silverman Show Some Affection at 'X Factor UK' Press Launch!