David Koepp to Adapt 'Brilliance' Novel for Big Screen (Exclusive)
Joe Roth and Palek Patel are producing the adaptation of the upcoming book by Marcus Sakey.
Legendary has tapped David Koepp to pen its adaptation of the Marcus Sakey novel Brilliance.
Joe Roth and Palek Patel are producing along with Legendary.
Taking cues from Marvel's X-Men franchise, the book takes place in a world where a rare set of people are born with extraordinary abilities and are called “brilliants.” At the center of the story is a federal agent with great hunting gifts who is drafted to hunt down a terrorist, another such brilliant who intends to start a civil war.
The book is due to hit stores in August and is intended to be part of a trilogy.
Alex Hedlund is overseeing for Legendary, which is coming off a strong opening with its Jackie Robinson baseball drama 42.
Hiring Koepp signals that Legendary intends to aim high with the adaptation. The scribe is among the town’s highest-priced and in-demand script crafters whose credits range from Steven Spielberg’s Jurassic Park and War of the Worlds to franchise starters such as Mission: Impossible and Spider-Man and reboots like the upcoming Jack Ryan.
He is repped by CAA.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)