David O. Russell Drawing '2 Guns' for Universal
David O. Russell is in negotiations to come on board to rewrite and direct 2 Guns, Universal’s adaptation of a Boom! Studios comic book.
The studio picked up the project in August 2008 as a vehicle for Vince Vaughn, who is attached to star in the story of a DEA agent and an undercover Naval Intelligence officer who are unwittingly investigating each other and who steal mob money for the good guys. They realize later that the mob actually got them to steal $50 million from the CIA.
The comic was written by Steven Grant with art by Mat Santolouco.
Marc Platt is producing with Boom! co-founders Andrew Cosby and Ross Richie.
Blake Masters wrote a previous draft.
Russell, who has directed only three movies since 1999’s Three Kings, is quickly finding himself in demand for his helming skills due to his awards-worthy work on The Fighter. The CAA-repped filmmaker has several projects lined up as possible follow-ups, including the big-budget video game adaptation of Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune, which he is expected to tackle before he takes on 2 Guns.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Jessica Alba's Secret to a Happy Home Life: Having Girls' Night Out to Complain About Your Husband!
- Zooey Deschanel Spotted Kissing & Hugging Mystery Man on 'Rock the Kasbah' Set
- Diane Kruger Looks Fabulous Alongside 'The Bridge' Cast at FX TCA Panel 2014!
- Giuliana Rancic Dyes Her Hair Platinum Blonde - See the Pic