David O. Russell Drawing '2 Guns' for Universal
David O. Russell is in negotiations to come on board to rewrite and direct 2 Guns, Universal’s adaptation of a Boom! Studios comic book.
The studio picked up the project in August 2008 as a vehicle for Vince Vaughn, who is attached to star in the story of a DEA agent and an undercover Naval Intelligence officer who are unwittingly investigating each other and who steal mob money for the good guys. They realize later that the mob actually got them to steal $50 million from the CIA.
The comic was written by Steven Grant with art by Mat Santolouco.
Marc Platt is producing with Boom! co-founders Andrew Cosby and Ross Richie.
Blake Masters wrote a previous draft.
Russell, who has directed only three movies since 1999’s Three Kings, is quickly finding himself in demand for his helming skills due to his awards-worthy work on The Fighter. The CAA-repped filmmaker has several projects lined up as possible follow-ups, including the big-budget video game adaptation of Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune, which he is expected to tackle before he takes on 2 Guns.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)