'Dawn of the Planet of the Apes' Clip Teases Man/Ape Tension (Video)
The first footage from the movie, directed by "Cloverfield"s' Matt Reeves, reveals a forest-set standoff between human and ape.
If you go down to the woods today … well, as this first clip from Fox’s Dawn of the Planet of the Apes demonstrates, you’d probably be wise to have lots of weapons and a smooth tongue to try and convince the apes that you don’t plan to use them.
In the scene, which picks up on a moment glimpsed in an earlier trailer, a team of humans led by Malcolm (Jason Clarke) and Carver (Kirk Acevedo), are discovered in Muir Woods redwood forest outside of San Francisco by an ape sentry — who is quickly joined by quite a few other apes, demonstrating the tension between man and ape following the outbreak of the ALZ-113 virus in Rise of the Planet of the Apes.
The scene premiered on MTV ahead of the network’s exclusive debut of a new trailer for the movie tomorrow night at 11:07 p.m.
Dawn of Planet of the Apes opens in theaters July 11.
Watch the clip below.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Cameron Diaz & Benji Madden Enjoy Romantic Seaside Getaway in Italy - See the Pics!
- Obsessed with Beyonce's 'Crazy in Love' From 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Trailer? Boots Explains Reworking the Song with Bey!
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson & Irina Shayk Crush Into Hollywood with 'Hercules' Premiere!
- Game of Thrones' Kit Harington & Rose Leslie Keep Close at LAX