'Dawn of the Planet of the Apes' Gets TV Spot, Poster (Video)
The superiority of the apes is revealed in the new teaser for this summer's sequel, directed by Matt Reeves.
We’ve already seen the rise, but the Dawn of the Planet of the Apes is just around the corner — a fact marked by a new TV spot explaining what gives the apes the edge in their war against humanity, as well as a new poster showing Caesar’s gentle side.
As the apes ride out looking suitably scary on horses — we can but dream of the eventual Rise of the Planet of the Horses Mad That They Had to Stay Subservient Whether It Was Humans or Apes In Charge spin-off — a voiceover for the TV spot explains “The scary thing about them? They don’t need power — lights, heat, nothin’. That’s their advantage. That’s what makes them stronger.” (You can watch the video below.)
Accompanying the new spot, Collider had the reveal of a new poster for the movie, directed by Matt Reeves, which shows Caeser — the ape that led the rebellion in the previous installment — grumpily looking off-camera while cuddling an innocent baby ape.
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, starring Jason Clarke, Keri Russell and Gary Oldman, is released July 11.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Chloe Moretz Talks Boys & Fashion for 'Flare' September 2014
- The New 'Maze Runner' Trailer Is Out & It's Every Bit As Awesome As You Thought It Would Be
- It's Another Royal Photo Bomb! Prince Harry is Totally Psyched in the Background of a Selfie
- Once Upon a Time's JoAnna Garcia Joins Hubby Nick Swisher at 'Mission Swisher' Scavenger Hunt! (Exclusive Pics)