'Dawn of the Planet of the Apes' Poster Shows Grizzled Caesar (Photo)
Andy Serkis plays the genius ape and revolutionary leader in the film.
Caesar is back -- and he's not as cute and cuddly as he was last time.
A new poster for Dawn of the Planet of the Apes shows that lab experiment turned revolutionary leader Caesar (Andy Serkis) is older and more grizzled than when we last saw him in 2011's Rise of the Planet of the Apes.
The film, which takes place a decade after Rise's events, centers on Caesar's nation of genetically evolved apes who are threatened by a group of humans who survived the virus unleashed at the end of Rise.
More should be revealed when the first trailer for Dawn hits Dec. 18
Matt Reeves directed the film, which also stars Jason Clarke, Gary Oldman and Keri Russell. The 20th Century Fox film hits theaters July 11, 2014.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's Top 25 Stylist, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR