'Dawn of the Planet of the Apes' Poster Shows Grizzled Caesar (Photo)
Andy Serkis plays the genius ape and revolutionary leader in the film.
Caesar is back -- and he's not as cute and cuddly as he was last time.
A new poster for Dawn of the Planet of the Apes shows that lab experiment turned revolutionary leader Caesar (Andy Serkis) is older and more grizzled than when we last saw him in 2011's Rise of the Planet of the Apes.
The film, which takes place a decade after Rise's events, centers on Caesar's nation of genetically evolved apes who are threatened by a group of humans who survived the virus unleashed at the end of Rise.
More should be revealed when the first trailer for Dawn hits Dec. 18
Matt Reeves directed the film, which also stars Jason Clarke, Gary Oldman and Keri Russell. The 20th Century Fox film hits theaters July 11, 2014.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
Follow Heat Vision
- Shades Of Blue, Tiger Eyes & Beyond: Chatting with Joe Bonamassa, Jim Peterik and Sondre Lerche
- 'South Park' Completely Trolls Washington Redskins With In-Game Ad Ripping Team Name
- Hell on Wheels: Recent Season Four Episode Seven Delivers!
- Ken Burns' 'The Roosevelts' Reveals Everything Wrong With Our Current Political Class
- Anne Hathaway Does Tai Chi with Robert De Niro Again!
- Emma Watson Gives a Powerful Speech About Gender Equality - Watch the Video & Read Full Transcipt Here
- Camilla Belle & Max Greenfield Support 'L.A. Loves Alex's Lemonade' Fundraiser
- Pregnant Hayden Panettiere Has Fun at Food & Wine Festival After Nude Pics Leak