'Dawn of the Planet of the Apes' Poster Shows Grizzled Caesar (Photo)
Andy Serkis plays the genius ape and revolutionary leader in the film.
Caesar is back -- and he's not as cute and cuddly as he was last time.
A new poster for Dawn of the Planet of the Apes shows that lab experiment turned revolutionary leader Caesar (Andy Serkis) is older and more grizzled than when we last saw him in 2011's Rise of the Planet of the Apes.
The film, which takes place a decade after Rise's events, centers on Caesar's nation of genetically evolved apes who are threatened by a group of humans who survived the virus unleashed at the end of Rise.
More should be revealed when the first trailer for Dawn hits Dec. 18
Matt Reeves directed the film, which also stars Jason Clarke, Gary Oldman and Keri Russell. The 20th Century Fox film hits theaters July 11, 2014.
Fall TV Preview
Follow Heat Vision
- McKayla Maroney Was Reportedly Underage In Hacked Nude Photos
- Richard Lewis Talks Richard Lewis: Bundle of Nerves: Mighty Movie Podcast
- Justin Verlander Addresses Online Photo Hacking Of Him And Girlfriend Kate Upton
- Internet Tries Donating In 'Honor' Of Leaked Jennifer Lawrence Photos, Nonprofit's Not Having It
- Rita Ora & Cara Delevingne Flaunt Their Long Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Gerard Butler Makes Hugo Boss Look So Good at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Mindy Kaling to 'Flare': If I Want 3 Kids, I Need to Get Going (Exclusive Pic!)
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Honored Her Mom Marcheline at Their Intimate Wedding