DC Announces 'Sensation Comics' Wonder Woman Digital Series
The new anthology series will focus on the solo adventures of DC Entertainment's iconic super hero ahead of her movie debut in "Batman vs. Superman."
Following similar projects featuring Batman and Superman, DC Entertainment announced a new digital anthology series showcasing Wonder Woman on Monday, titled Sensation Comics after the series that the character headlined during its initial 1942-1952 run.
“With the success of [earlier digital anthologies] Legends of the Dark Knight and Adventures of Superman, giving Wonder Woman her own digital anthology series makes perfect sense,” DC senior vp of Vertigo and Integrated Publishing Hank Kanalz explained in a statement from the publisher. “With this series creators can dream up unique takes on the Amazon Princess to give fans a new adventure every week. We’re very excited about the line-up, and readers won’t want to miss the sensational action-packed Wonder Woman stories we have planned for the coming weeks and beyond.”
The new series will launch with a story by former writer of DC’s monthly Wonder Woman series, Gail Simone, with art from Ethan Van Sciver, with future creators including young adult novelist Cecil Castellucci, television writer Amanda Deibert and horror writer Lauren Beukes.
Like both Legends and Adventures, Sensation Comics will not be bound to the current DC Comics continuity, opening up the 70+ year history of the character — who debuted in 1941’s All Star Comics #8 — for writers and artists to take advantage of. Kudos to whoever tries to resurrect Wonder Tot.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
Follow Heat Vision
- Abel Ferrara's "Pasolini" Premieres at the Deauville American Film Festival: A Heated Discussion with the Director
- Inspiration Through Film - A Festival
- The Boomtown Rats Return: A Conversation with Bob Geldof, Plus a Chat with Finch's Nate Barcalow and Lots of Exclusives
- What Apple's U2 Stunt Really Says About the Future of Music
- Liam Neeson's First Movie Footage is a Must See - Watch Now!
- 'Orange is the New Black's Laverne Cox Will Spotlight Trans Youth In 'The T Word' Documentary!
- Julianne Moore & Husband Bart Freundlich Look as Happy as Ever After Nearly 20 Years Together!
- Victoria Beckham Voted Greatest Style Icon in the UK!