DC Comics Selling More After Renumbering Issues
The first issue of the new "Justice League" has sold more than 200,000 copies compared to the 46,000 it averaged for the final issues before the restart.
This summer, DC Comics announced that it would be relaunching its titles and understandably, longtime followers of its comics were hesitant.
Now, according to the New York Times, DC Comics' gamble seems to be paying off. In the past five weeks, since the first of the DC Comics series, Justice League, was restarted, in the company's effort to grab new readership, have increased exponentially.
For instance, the Justice League's first issue has sold more than 200,000 copies compared to the 46,000 it averaged for the last issues before the restart.
Nine other series, including Action Comics, Batgirl and the Flash, have doubled average sales, selling more than 100,000 copies, the Times reports. That benchmark had not been reached in several years.
DC Comics has also been offering its titles digitally the same day they are released in stores, but according to Brian Hibbs, who owns Comix Experience in San Francisco, that won't be a detriment. “I’m pleasantly surprised by how enthusiastic the demand for print copies has been," he told the Times. But, the Times notes that digital sales figures have not been released.
Follow Heat Vision
- Before 'Game Of Thrones,' Pedro Pascal Was Getting His Ass Kicked On 'Buffy'
- Drew Barrymore Adds Fragrances To Flower Beauty Collection Making Us All Smell Better
- Guy Covers Every Single Part Of 'Prince Ali' From 'Aladdin'
- The Dumbest But Also Greatest Lyrics From Destiny's Child's 'Writings On The Wall'
- Orange Is the New Black’s Barbara Rosenblat on Playing Miss Rosa and Being ‘the Meryl Streep of Audiobooks’
- Why Are Movies the Only Kind of Entertainment We Still Have to Wait Around For?
- 7 Times Vin Diesel Gave a Wooden Performance (Before He Played a Tree in Guardians of the Galaxy)
- Chris Messina Is a Huge Cheater in This New Sam Smith Video
- Cate Blanchett Desperately Wanted to Play a Dwarf & Wear a Beard
- Katy Perry Sang for the President & First Lady Last Night at the White House!
- Kerry Washington & Jimmy Kimmel Bond Over Their Newborn Baby Girls!
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Opens Huge, Scores Biggest Thursday Evening Opening of the Year!