DC Comics Selling More After Renumbering Issues
The first issue of the new "Justice League" has sold more than 200,000 copies compared to the 46,000 it averaged for the final issues before the restart.
This summer, DC Comics announced that it would be relaunching its titles and understandably, longtime followers of its comics were hesitant.
Now, according to the New York Times, DC Comics' gamble seems to be paying off. In the past five weeks, since the first of the DC Comics series, Justice League, was restarted, in the company's effort to grab new readership, have increased exponentially.
For instance, the Justice League's first issue has sold more than 200,000 copies compared to the 46,000 it averaged for the last issues before the restart.
Nine other series, including Action Comics, Batgirl and the Flash, have doubled average sales, selling more than 100,000 copies, the Times reports. That benchmark had not been reached in several years.
DC Comics has also been offering its titles digitally the same day they are released in stores, but according to Brian Hibbs, who owns Comix Experience in San Francisco, that won't be a detriment. “I’m pleasantly surprised by how enthusiastic the demand for print copies has been," he told the Times. But, the Times notes that digital sales figures have not been released.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'
- Ian Somerhalder Sings Smokey Robinson Classic in 'Esquire China' Behind the Scene Video - Watch Now!
- 'Glee'Actor Harry Shum Jr. is Engaged to Girlfriend Shelby Rabara!
- Nicole Richie Proudly Rocks New Purple Hair at Lunch with Joel Madden!
- Zooey Deschanel's 'New Girl' & Mindy Kaling's 'Mindy Project' Get Early Renewals From Fox!