DC Delays Second Issue of 'Sandman: Overture' for Two Months
The second issue of Neil Gaiman's return to his "Sandman" series has been pushed from December 2013 to February 2014, with all existing orders canceled.
Everyone who's been waiting years for Neil Gaiman to return to Sandman, I'm afraid there's been some bad news. After the first issue of The Sandman: Overture was one of the ten most ordered comics of last month, DC Entertainment has told comic book retailers that the rest of the six issue series has been delayed.
The delay takes effect with the next issue of the series, which had originally been solicited with an on-sale date of Dec. 31. The publisher has told retailers -- and confirmed to Comic Book Resources -- that the issue will now be delayed until February, with all initial orders canceled as a result.
The original publishing plan for The Sandman: Overture had been for a new issue of the series to be released every second month, with the months in between featuring "Special Edition" versions of the previous issue, with additional, behind-the-scenes material. DC has not released any updated schedule for future issues -- none of which had been solicited -- and it remains unknown under what timeframe the remaining issues will be released.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'