DC's 'Names' Reveals The Power Behind The World
The new Vertigo imprint series from Peter Milligan, writer of "Enigma" and "X-Statix," is about money, power and "one woman who goes up against that money and power."
What if there really was a shadowy cabal running the world, and one day, they decided to kill your spouse? The Names, a new series from DC Entertainment's Vertigo imprint and writer Peter Milligan asks that very question.
"The Names is a story about money, it's a story about power. It's a story about one 25-year-old woman who goes up against that money and power," Milligan explained in an interview about the series on DC's All Access web series. The series centers around Katya Walker, a widow who sets out to discover the truth behind her husband's apparent suicide -- a death that is far from what it seems.
"The story becomes her search for the truth: Who killed him, and why did they kill him?" he continued. "Her search becomes this journey into this secret organization called 'the Names.' The Names is a financial organization that controls a huge chunk of the financial world."
The series is a return for Milligan to both Vertigo as an imprint -- he was one of the writers who helped launch the imprint two decades ago with series such as Shade the Changing Man and Enigma, most recently writing a multiyear run on Hellblazer, the source material for the upcoming Constantine series on NBC -- and the kind of politically- and socially-engaged writing that helped build his reputation in titles like Skin, Paradax and even Marvel’s X-Statix.
The Names, illustrated by Leandro Fernandez, will be released in comic stores and digitally this September.
Fall TV Preview
Follow Heat Vision
- McKayla Maroney Was Reportedly Underage In Hacked Nude Photos
- Richard Lewis Talks Richard Lewis: Bundle of Nerves: Mighty Movie Podcast
- Justin Verlander Addresses Online Photo Hacking Of Him And Girlfriend Kate Upton
- Internet Tries Donating In 'Honor' Of Leaked Jennifer Lawrence Photos, Nonprofit's Not Having It
- Kate Upton's Boyfriend Justin Verlander Responds to Leaked Nude Photos
- Jamie Dornan & E.L. James Have 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Reunion at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Kate Hudson Believes Eating Disorders Shouldn't Be Plastered on Magazine Covers!
- Lindsay Lohan Dazzles Us With Her Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014