'Dead Snow' Director Tommy Wirkola Signs With Principato Young (Exclusive)
The signing occurred on the heels of the Sundance premiere of "Dead Snow: Red vs. Dead."
Tommy Wirkola, the Norwegian director behind Dead Snow and Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters, has signed with Principato Young Entertainment.
The signing happened as Wirkola was coming off the Sundance premiere of Dead Snow: Red vs. Dead, the sequel to the cult Norwegian zombie horror movie Dead Snow. Go USA picked up the distribution rights to Red vs. Dead the night of the movie's premiere.
Dead Snow also premiered at Sundance, in 2009, and it was that movie that got Wirkola noticed by Hollywood and led to his first studio movie, Paramount's Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters, which made $225 million worldwide.
Wirkola's next project is What Happened to Monday, a sci-fi Black List script that has Noomi Rapace attached to play septuplets. He is also working on a sequel to Hansel & Gretel at Paramount. Additionally, he is developing an untitled pilot for Showtime, which he created and will be produced by Will Ferrell and Adam McKay's Gary Sanchez Productions.
Wirkola continues to be repped by CAA and Bloom Hergott.
Sundance: On the Scene
Follow Heat Vision
- Jack Falahee on How to Get Away With Murder, Viola Davis, and His Cast BFFs
- Which Braverman Made Us Cry the Most on Parenthood? A Very Scientific Ranking
- Why Are There So Many Arnolds in This Terminator: Genisys Trailer?
- This Trailer for the New Divergent Movie Is Actually Trying to Get Us to Call It The Divergent Series: Insurgent
- Pregnant Isla Fisher Works on Her Fitness Before Giving Birth
- Seattle Seahawks Cornerback Richard Sherman's Son Could Be Born on Super Bowl Sunday 2015!
- Adrian Grenier Pitches New Movie About a Whale at Sundance
- Amy Schumer Freaks Out Anna Kendrick in First Promo for MTV Movie Awards 2015 - Watch Now!