Is 'Deadgirl 2' Alive?
Could a sequel to the controversial horror thriller ever get made?
Could a sequel to the controversial horror thriller Deadgirl ever get made?
The film -- about two teenagers who discover a zombified naked girl in the bowels of an abandoned mental institution and lose their moral compasses in the process -- first screened at the Toronto film festival in 2008. Marcel Sarmiento and Gadi Harel directed the grimy black script from Trent Haaga.
I just heard at SXSW that Haaga has written a screenplay for a sequel in response to the backlash from women who found the film misogynistic. This time? It's girls who find a naked guy. Presumably, they make different choices than the guys did in the same situation, but here's one instance where a sequel could actually help further define and illuminate the issues raised in the first film. Maybe it would give Deadgirl new dimension.
The likelihood of it being made is low, of course, but then maybe that's because it wasn't disturbing enough.
Tom Six is about to unleash the sequel to The Human Centipede (First Sequence), which plays out one of modern genre cinema's most wretched plot concepts. (Somehow, I've seen this film twice.) Unfathomably, Six promises to top it with The Human Centipede II (Full Sequence), which IFC Midnight will shove toward us later this year.
Perhaps Haaga should send his script to Six's agent.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's Top 25 Stylist, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR