Zazie Beetz Mourns Death of Her 'Deadpool 2' Stuntwoman

The Domino actress released a statement on Instagram, sharing her heartbreak over the loss of 40-year-old SJ Harris.
Getty Images
Zazie Beetz

Zazie Beetz on Wednesday shared her devastation over the tragic death of her stuntwoman on the set on Deadpool 2 earlier in the week.

The Domino actress released a statement on Instagram, sharing her heartbreak over the loss of 40-year-old SJ Harris.

"My heart has been breaking the past two days and I have been searching what to say or do," Beetz wrote. "I know that what I feel is nothing compared to what her loved ones, friends + family, are feeling. My heart and my love goes out to her and them all. The cast and crew send peace, healing, and their deepest condolences."

Harris, a New York native and professional road racer, was killed performing a stunt while filming in Vancouver. Her cause of death and exactly what went wrong are still under investigation.

Witnesses told local reporters Harris performed the stunt perfectly four times, but on the fifth, something went wrong at the end, and she went through the ground-level glass of a building.

Stars Ryan Reynolds and Josh Brolin both expressed their heartbreak over Harris' death. Director David Leitch also said he was shocked and saddened by the tragic accident.

Deadpool 2 resumed filming on Wednesday.

 

A post shared by Zazie (@zaziebeetz) on

comments powered by Disqus