'Death of Superman Lives' Trailer: Nicolas Cage is Man of Steel (Video)
The Kickstarter-funded project looks at the failed project that would have teamed the actor with Tim Burton to tell the story of the last son of Krypton.
A look at one of the biggest superhero movies that never happened is getting new life.
The Kickstarter-funded documentary Death of Superman Lives: What Happened?
looks at the proposed 1998 Superman film that would have been directed by Tim Burton and starred Nicolas Cage as the iconic hero. The script for Superman Lives, written by Kevin Smith, featured Braniac, Doomsday and Lex Luthor as villains.
Concept art and test photos of a long-haired Cage wearing an odd Superman suit have been circulating online for some time, but the documentary promises to speak with the people who would have made the film, had the plug not been pulled ahead of shooting.
The doc from director Jon Schnepp ended its Kickstarter fundraising period in March after raising more than $115,000. The film is eyeing a release next summer.
Watch the trailer below, as well as Schnepp's original Kickstarter pitch.
What Hollywood Earns
Follow Heat Vision
- Charli XCX's Sultry Backstreet Boys Cover Is The Ultimate #TBT
- Frankly, My Dear, I Don't Give A Straw: 'Gone With The Wind's' Secret Curse History - Pop Culture - TODAY.com
- ‘Serial' Fans Are Buzzing About Podcast Finale
- Brooke Shields: Hollywood Wasn't My Undoing, Loving My Alcoholic Mother Was - Pop Culture - TODAY.com
- Bill Murray Will Sing 'Bare Necessities' in 'Jungle Book' Reboot!
- 'Team America: World Police' Showings Cancelled By Paramount After Sony Hack Threats
- Kim Kardashian Has Not Yet Commented About the Man Who Spent a Shocking Amount to Look Just Like Her
- Jada Pinkett Smith Shows Some Love for Her Daughter Willow's Friend