DeForge Leads the Way in 2013 Ignatz Awards
2013's Ignatz Awards were presented this weekend, with "Lose" creator Michael DeForge proving the title of his series very, very inaccurate by sweeping a third of the awards.
The best work in independent comics was celebrated Sunday at the 2013 Ignatz Awards ceremony during the Small Press Expo in Bethesda, Md. Winners were chosen by expo attendees.
The big winner was Michael DeForge, who won three of the nine awards on offer for the evening, picking up gongs for Outstanding Anthology or Collection, Outstanding Series and Outstanding Artist.
Also recognized: Charles Forsman for his critically acclaimed The End of the F------ World, and Jillian Tamaki for her webcomic Supermutant Magic Academy. The full list of winners is below; may they all receive adoration, plaudits and incredibly lucrative publishing deals.
- Outstanding Artist: Michael DeForge for Lose #4
- Promising New Talent: Sam Alden for Hawaii 1997 & Haunter
- Outstanding Story: Gold Star by John Martz
- Outstanding Series: Lose by Michael DeForge
- Outstanding Comic: Pope Hats #3 by Ethan Rilly
- Outstanding Graphic Novel: Today is the Last Day of the Rest of Your Life by Ulli Lust
- Outstanding Anthology or Collection: Very Casual by Michael DeForge
- Outstanding Mini Comic: The End of the F------ World by Charles Forsman
- Outstanding Online Comic: SuperMutant Magic Academy by Jillian Tamaki
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- 10 More Things You Never Noticed About The Wizard of Oz
- Kennedy Center Honors Celebrate Billy Joel, Carlos Santana, Herbie Hancock, Martina Arroyo, Shirley MacLaine
- LeAnn Rimes' 'Gasoline And Matches' Video Shot Entirely On iPhone
- Ben Affleck Lashes Out At Paparazzi, Says It's 'Wrong And Disgusting To Follow Children Around'