Denzel Washington's 'The Equalizer' Finds Its Villain
Antoine Fuqua is directing the big-screen adaptation of the 1980s TV show.
Marton Csokas will square off against Denzel Washington in The Equalizer, Sony's big-screen take on the 1980s TV show.
Antoine Fuqua, who directed Washington's Oscar-winning performance in Training Day, is helming the project, which also has Chloe Moretz in the cast.
Washington plays Robert McCall, a retired intelligence officer who helps the powerless. In the movie version, he is living a quiet life while working at a Home Depot, when one act of kindness toward a prostitute (Moretz) gets him embroiled with the Russian mob.
Csokas will play the movie's heavy, a vicious fixer for the Russians.
The movie is looking to shoot during the summer in Boston.
Csokas, who hails from New Zealand, is currently in the middle of shooting The Amazing Spider-Man 2 and has already wrapped Robert Rodriguez's Sin City: A Dame to Kill For, where he played the character Damian Lord.
His other credits include Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter and Peter Jackson's The Lord of the Rings movies, playing Celeborn.
He is repped by WME and Anonymous Content.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws