Dermot Mulroney to Star in 'Insidious: Chapter 3'
Leigh Whannell wrote the script and will direct the horror movie.
Dermot Mulroney will star in Insidious: Chapter 3, the latest installment of the popular horror series from Blumhouse.
Leigh Whannell wrote the script and is directing the movie, which Focus Features plans to release April 3, 2015.
The first two movies starred Patrick Wilson and Rose Byrne as a couple who had to deal with the demonic possession of their son. The movies are among the most profitable ones made in recent years.
The plot for the new movie, which is due to start shooting July 7, is being kept under wraps.
Jason Blum is producing with Oren Peli and James Wan. Steven Schneider, Brian Kavanaugh-Jones, Peter Schlessel, Lia Buman, and Entertainment One’s Xavier Marchand are executive producing.
Mulroney recently starred in the short-lived TV show Crisis and appeared in August: Osage County. He is repped by WME.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Christopher Nolan, Matthew McConaughey Surprise Comic Con With New 'Interstellar' Trailer
- Pedro Pascal Really Wishes He Were Still On 'Game Of Thrones,' Even In Small Part
- Morgan Freeman And Jimmy Fallon Talking On Helium Will Make Your Day
- Conversations with Billy Gilman, Ernest Ranglin, Mary Sarah and Gangstagrass' Rench, Plus Ben Jaimen's "Satellites" Exclusive