'Despicable Me 2' Trailer Features Eminem, Kristen Wiig (Video)
Steve Carell returns as Gru -- but with some new duties -- in the sequel to the 2010 hit animation.
Loveable villain Gru (voiced by Steve Carell) is back in an all-new trailer for Despicable Me 2, released Tuesday.
Gru is getting some surprises in his life. One is Margo (Miranda Cosgrove) texting a boy. The other comes in the form of Agent Lucy (Kristen Wiig) of the Anti-Villain League.
After Lucy uses a lipstick taser on Gru, she carts him off to a secret underwater meeting, where he is asked to help take down a fellow villain. Of course, he gets some cool new cars, gadgets and weapons that would make even James Bond drool.
In the two-minute trailer, set to Eminem's "Without Me" (a potentially controversial but oddly fitting choice), viewers get a taste of the same comedy that made the first film so popular. Namely, the minions.
Universal's Despicable Me 2 is set to be released July 3.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR