‘Detention:’ Joseph Kahn’s ‘Time Traveling Horror Comedy’ Scheduled for Release (Video)
The "Torque" director's festival favorite, starring Josh Hutcherson, starts a limited theatrical run through AMC starting April 13.
Samuel Goldwyn Films is releasing Joseph Kahn’s sophomore directorial effort Detention in theaters on April 13. MTV Movies Blog reported Tuesday that the film will open exclusively in ten AMC Theaters before moving on to other cities across the country.
Speaking to THR about the announcement, Kahn said he’s looking forward to having audiences experience the film in the wake of its successful run at festivals over the last two years. "I always wanted to make a time traveling horror comedy about bears, serial killers, the 90's, and ufo's,” Kahn said. “Let's be honest, this genre is underrepresented in Hollywood.”
“I can't wait for everyone to get in a theater on April 13 and have a blast. Oh, yeah. Kung fu."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws