'Devil May Cry' Video Game Gets Comics Spin-Off
TItan Comics is releasing a companion story to the popular Capcom series, which was just rebooted with the release of the fifth installment on Jan. 15.
Devil May Cry, the enduring video game franchise, gets a new comic series with the release today of DmC: Devil May Cry: The Vergil Chronicles from Titan Comics.
The publication of the comic coincides with the release of the fifth installment of the video game series, DmC: Devil May Cry, which arrived in stores January 15.
Screen Gems is also developing a feature film adaptation of the game.
The story is illustrated by Guillaume Dorison aka Izu (Omega Complex) and illustrated by artists Robin Recht (The Third Testament) and Patrick Pion (Tomb Raider: Dark Aeons).
The plot focuses on the backstory of Vergil and Kat, two characters from the new video game that play an important role in the journey of the hero Dante.
Titan is releasing the first two issues digitally Wednesday, with print editions to follow on May 15 and June 19, respectively.
The Devil May Cry game series has sold more than 12 million copies since being introduced in 2001 and has spawn off numerous merchandise lines, including a previous short-lived comic series in the U.S. (a manga adaptation in Japan) and figurines.
Sundance: On the Scene
Follow Heat Vision
- Rod McKuen, Oscar-Nominated Songwriter And Bestselling Poet, Dead At 81
- Marshawn Lynch Playing Rob Gronkowski In 'Mortal Kombat' Puts The Super Bowl To Shame
- The Soundtrack Of My Life: Chatting with Donny Osmond, Melissa Manchester, Louise Goffin, Meitel and Rumer
- Saying Goodbye To 'Parenthood' Is The Biggest Tear-Jerker Of All
- Kim & Khloe Kardashian Sing Their Hearts Out at Sam Smith Concert with Kendall Jenner & Cara Delevingne
- Iggy Azalea Calls Steve Madden Photo Shoot 'Disgusting'
- Harry Connick Jr. Hilariously Belts Out Sia's 'Chandelier' on 'American Idol' - Watch Now!
- Kristin Chenoweth Steps Out for 'On The Twentieth Century' Photo Call with Peter Gallagher