Dimension Films Nabs 'How To Defeat Your Own Clone' Rights
Marvel’s Ed Ricourt will pen the futuristic adaptation, which pits humans against clones in a civil war.
Dimension Films is facing an attack of the clones.
The company has picked up the rights to a tongue-in-cheek futuristic guidebook titled How To Defeat Your Own Clone written by Kyle Kurpinski and Terry D. Johnson.
Ed Ricourt, who was part of Marvel’s writing program, is set to write the adaptation, which will be produced by Ellen Goldsmith-Vein and Eric Robinson of Gotham Group.
The story is set after a civil war between humans and their clones, whom the humans were being treated as slaves. In the clone-dominated society that follows, a young human goes on quest to turn the tide against the stronger and more evolved species.
No director is attached.
Gotham Group’s Peter McHugh will executive produce. Overseeing for Dimension are Matthew Stein and Matthew Signer.
Ricourt, repped by CAA and Gotham Group, wrote Now You See Me, which is set up at Summit with Jesse Eisenberg attached to star and Louis Letterier attached to direct.
Gotham Group has Abduction, starring Taylor Lautner, coming later this year.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR