Dimension Films Nabs 'How To Defeat Your Own Clone' Rights
Marvel’s Ed Ricourt will pen the futuristic adaptation, which pits humans against clones in a civil war.
Dimension Films is facing an attack of the clones.
The company has picked up the rights to a tongue-in-cheek futuristic guidebook titled How To Defeat Your Own Clone written by Kyle Kurpinski and Terry D. Johnson.
Ed Ricourt, who was part of Marvel’s writing program, is set to write the adaptation, which will be produced by Ellen Goldsmith-Vein and Eric Robinson of Gotham Group.
The story is set after a civil war between humans and their clones, whom the humans were being treated as slaves. In the clone-dominated society that follows, a young human goes on quest to turn the tide against the stronger and more evolved species.
No director is attached.
Gotham Group’s Peter McHugh will executive produce. Overseeing for Dimension are Matthew Stein and Matthew Signer.
Ricourt, repped by CAA and Gotham Group, wrote Now You See Me, which is set up at Summit with Jesse Eisenberg attached to star and Louis Letterier attached to direct.
Gotham Group has Abduction, starring Taylor Lautner, coming later this year.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- The Aquabats! celebrate their 20th anniversary at Comic-Con as they ponder the group's next move
- Guillermo del Toro Unveils Comic-Con 'Pacific Rim,' 'Crimson Peak' Fan Experiences
- Jo Nesbo's latest page-turner, "The Son"...Elaine Stritch---The Great Fantasy Dinner Guest!
- Why 'Modern Family' Star Eric Stonestreet Refused A Photo With Rick Santorum