Dimension Picks Up 'Witches' Ballroom' From 'Crazies' Writer
Shawn Levy and Dan Levine of 21 Laps are attached to produce.
In a preemptive deal, Dimension has picked up The Witches’ Ballroom, a pitch by Ray Wright, with Shawn Levy and Dan Levine of 21 Laps to produce.
The logline is being kept under wraps, but Wright co-wrote the 2010 remake of The Crazies as well as horror thriller Case 39 and Pulse, so expect something creepy.
"It's exciting when an original idea takes off, particularly psychological horror which is such a visceral thrill to write," said Wright in the announcement.
Dimension's Matthew Singer and Keith Levine will oversee development.
Wright, who also has The Widow set up at Vendome with David Slade attached to direct, is repped by UTA and attorney Mark Temple.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Aerosmith's 'Dream On' Performed To Honor Boston Marathon Victims And Survivors (VIDEO)
- Bryan Singer Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Underage Boy
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"