Dimension Picks Up 'Witches' Ballroom' From 'Crazies' Writer
Shawn Levy and Dan Levine of 21 Laps are attached to produce.
In a preemptive deal, Dimension has picked up The Witches’ Ballroom, a pitch by Ray Wright, with Shawn Levy and Dan Levine of 21 Laps to produce.
The logline is being kept under wraps, but Wright co-wrote the 2010 remake of The Crazies as well as horror thriller Case 39 and Pulse, so expect something creepy.
"It's exciting when an original idea takes off, particularly psychological horror which is such a visceral thrill to write," said Wright in the announcement.
Dimension's Matthew Singer and Keith Levine will oversee development.
Wright, who also has The Widow set up at Vendome with David Slade attached to direct, is repped by UTA and attorney Mark Temple.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
Follow Heat Vision
- Gerard Depardieu Says He Can Drink 14 Bottles Of Wine In A Day
- Conan Introduces Apple's U2 Removal Service Because Deleting That Free Album Isn't Enough
- 'Too Long; Didn't Listen' Ep. 2: Talking Online Satire With Joe Garden, Sarah Pappalardo & Anna Drezen
- Duke Porn Star Belle Knox Once Carved The Word 'Fat' Into Her Body
- Angelina Jolie Doubled the Number of British Women Getting Screened for Breast Cancer
- Jennifer Lopez's 'Booty' Video Receives Lots of Love From Celebs
- Jennifer Lawrence Leaves Rumored Boyfriend Chris Martin's Coldplay Concert (Photos)
- Kerry Washington, Jon Hamm, & More Celebrities Take a Stand Against Sexual Violence (Video)