Director of Hot Sci-Fi Short 'Lunar' Signs With CAA (Exclusive)
Tyson Wade Johnston wrote, directed and produced the short for around $5,000.
How is this as vote of confidence?
About a week after his short film Lunar hit the web, CAA has signed Tyson Wade Johnston for representation.
The 22-year-old Australian signed with the agency in a competitive situation generated by the buzz from the seven-minute short, which he wrote, directed and produced on a budget of around $5,000.
Lunar is set in a strict robot-patrolled Los Angeles in 2057, and is centered on a man who is arrested after trying to steal bread for his family and is sent to the penal colony on the moon. He must then become the first man to escape from the moon.
Johnston made the short while in between his regular gig of commercial and video directing and being a visual effects guru.
He made the short in order to showcase the concept and to expand it into a feature film.
Johnston is managed by Scott Glassgold at IAM Entertainment.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR