Disney Adds 'Brave' and 'Maleficent' Characters to 'Infinity' Game (Video)
Merida and Maleficent are the latest Disney characters to be added to the second edition of the mix-and-match video game due this fall.
It’s not just Marvel’s Avengers that will be added to Disney Infinity with the release of the game’s second edition — Disney announced Friday that the lead characters from Pixar’s Brave and Disney’s Maleficent will be joining the interactive worlds this fall.
The news came via a new gameplay trailer featuring Merida and Maleficent in all their fighting, magical glory (complete with what sounds very much like original Merida actress Kelly MacDonald providing new dialogue). While Merida will rely on swordplay and a bow and arrow to defend herself, Maleficent has magical powers to employ that will allow players to control plant life, command ravens and throw large objects from a distance. All told, it might be easier to play as Angelina Jolie’s villainous doppelganger, but where’s the fun in that …?
The two characters will be available to purchase in stores this fall, according to Disney, with both being playable along with all other Disney Infinity characters in the new Toy Box 2.0 mode of the game. Other play sets and characters to be released at the same time will be announced in coming months, the company added.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Neil LaBute Q&A: The Controversial Playwright Talks About His L.A. Theater Takeover
- Top Off-Broadway Shows to Watch in NYC This Season: Part One
- Megan Fox Is Not Thrilled About The 'Girl Power' That Was Cut From 'TMNT'
- Keith Olbermann's Powerful Speech About Lack Of Respect For Women In Sports Is A Must Watch