Disney Adds 'Brave' and 'Maleficent' Characters to 'Infinity' Game (Video)
Merida and Maleficent are the latest Disney characters to be added to the second edition of the mix-and-match video game due this fall.
It’s not just Marvel’s Avengers that will be added to Disney Infinity with the release of the game’s second edition — Disney announced Friday that the lead characters from Pixar’s Brave and Disney’s Maleficent will be joining the interactive worlds this fall.
The news came via a new gameplay trailer featuring Merida and Maleficent in all their fighting, magical glory (complete with what sounds very much like original Merida actress Kelly MacDonald providing new dialogue). While Merida will rely on swordplay and a bow and arrow to defend herself, Maleficent has magical powers to employ that will allow players to control plant life, command ravens and throw large objects from a distance. All told, it might be easier to play as Angelina Jolie’s villainous doppelganger, but where’s the fun in that …?
The two characters will be available to purchase in stores this fall, according to Disney, with both being playable along with all other Disney Infinity characters in the new Toy Box 2.0 mode of the game. Other play sets and characters to be released at the same time will be announced in coming months, the company added.
Sundance: On the Scene
Follow Heat Vision
- Gabrielle Union Says 'The World Isn't Going To End' If We See More Diversity In Women On TV
- Shantel VanSanten Lounges Poolside In A Cutout Swimsuit For Maxim
- Jimmy Kimmel Proves People Can't Tell The Difference Between Cold-Pressed Juice And Tang
- David Oyelowo Comes To Benedict Cumberbatch's Defense Over 'Colored' Comment
- Channing Tatum Carries Mila Kunis Away in New 'Jupiter Ascending' Trailer (Exclusive)
- Brie Larson & Rosemarie DeWitt Are 'Digging For Fire' at Sundance!
- Tye Sheridan & Olivia Thirlby Premiere 'Stanford Prison Experiment' at Sundance 2015
- Patrick J. Adams Opens Up About Fiance Troian Bellisario's Guest-Starring Role on 'Suits' (JJ Interview)