Disney's 'Frozen' to Thaw in November 2013
Kristen Bell and Idina Menzel are voice actors in the upcoming animated adventure from the co-writer of "The Book of Mormon."
Walt Disney has icicled in a Nov. 27, 2013, release date for Frozen, its CG-animated movie featuring the voices of Kristen Bell and Idina Menzel.
Directed by Chris Buck (Tarzan, Surf’s Up) and produced by Peter Del Vecho (Winnie the Pooh, The Princess and the Frog), the movie will feature original songs by Broadway’s Robert Lopez and Kristen Anderson-Lopez.
According to the studio, Frozen chronicles “a prophecy trapping a kingdom in eternal winter. Anna (Bell) must team up with Kristoff, a daring mountain man, on the grandest of journeys to find the Snow Queen (Menzel) and put an end to the icy spell. Encountering Everest-like extremes, mystical creatures and magic at every turn, Anna and Kristoff battle the elements in a race to save the kingdom from destruction.”
The Kristoff role has yet to be cast.
Lopez co-wrote The Book of Mormon and Avenue Q. His wife, Anderson-Lopez, is behind the play In Transit and wrote songs for for 2011’s Winnie the Pooh as well as a stage version of Finding Nemo.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)