Disney Promotes Lucasfilm Deal With Ad Featuring Darth Vader Visiting Disneyland (Video)
The infamous villain visits the "Happiest Place on Earth" in new clip.
For the millions of Star Wars fans still spinning from the news that Walt Disney Co. has acquired Lucasfilm and will release a new Star Wars movie in 2015, Disney wants you to know that someone else is spinning from the news too.
Darth Vader – on Disneyland’s Mad Tea Party ride.
An ad from Disney Parks features the Star Wars masked villain taking a trip to the “Happiest Place on Earth.” Along with a couple of stormtroopers, the Sith Lord rides the Dumbo ride, uses The Force to pull out Excalibur’s Sword, and catches the eye of some princesses.
While the ad was originally made for the opening of the Star Tours attraction in 2011, it’s been remixed with a new opening that includes the text: “Darth Vader, Now that you’re part of the Disney family, what will you do next?”
The Walt Disney Co. announced Tuesday that it had acquired Lucasfilm for $4.05 billion in cash and stock, and that Kathleen Kennedy, current co-chair of Lucasfilm, will become its president.
Disney chairman and CEO Bob Iger has announced that the first new Star Wars movie is targeted for 2015 and that the company has goals for another movie every two to three years after that.
Watch the ad below.
Health & Hollywood
THR @ TORONTO
Follow Heat Vision
- Dark Graphic Novella Pays Tribute To The 10th Anniversary Of Arcade Fire's 'Funeral'
- Scientists Show Hitchcock Thriller To 'Vegetative' Man, Get Big Surprise
- Nick Jonas On How Fans Have Helped Him Transition From Band Member To Solo Artist
- Kim Kardashian Asks Nasim Pedrad About That 'SNL' Impression
- Jenny McCarthy Hasn't Watched 'The View' Yet: 'I've Been Hearing Mixed Reviews'
- Kirsten Dunst Doesn't Like Watching Herself On Screen
- Ariana Grande's Rumored Boyfriend Big Sean Says They Have 'Great Chemistry'
- Julianna Margulies & Jimmy Fallon Are Hilarious School Principals Who Sing the Morning Announcements (Video)