Disney Promotes Lucasfilm Deal With Ad Featuring Darth Vader Visiting Disneyland (Video)
The infamous villain visits the "Happiest Place on Earth" in new clip.
For the millions of Star Wars fans still spinning from the news that Walt Disney Co. has acquired Lucasfilm and will release a new Star Wars movie in 2015, Disney wants you to know that someone else is spinning from the news too.
Darth Vader – on Disneyland’s Mad Tea Party ride.
An ad from Disney Parks features the Star Wars masked villain taking a trip to the “Happiest Place on Earth.” Along with a couple of stormtroopers, the Sith Lord rides the Dumbo ride, uses The Force to pull out Excalibur’s Sword, and catches the eye of some princesses.
While the ad was originally made for the opening of the Star Tours attraction in 2011, it’s been remixed with a new opening that includes the text: “Darth Vader, Now that you’re part of the Disney family, what will you do next?”
The Walt Disney Co. announced Tuesday that it had acquired Lucasfilm for $4.05 billion in cash and stock, and that Kathleen Kennedy, current co-chair of Lucasfilm, will become its president.
Disney chairman and CEO Bob Iger has announced that the first new Star Wars movie is targeted for 2015 and that the company has goals for another movie every two to three years after that.
Watch the ad below.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
Follow Heat Vision
- Matthew McConaughey Wishes Washington Redskins Logo Wouldn't Change
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About Kim Kardashian, Even Though She Literally Shares Everything
- Gerard Parkes Dead At 90, Award-Winning Actor Best Known For 'Fraggle Rock' And 'Boondock Saints'
- Nicholas Brendon, 'Buffy The Vampire Slayer' Actor, Arrested In Idaho
- Oscar Pistorius Sentenced to 5 Years in Prison
- Nikki Reed Flies the Skies After Adopting Kitten with Boyfriend Ian Somerhalder
- Olivier Martinez Supports the Denver Broncos Before Sunday Night Football Game!
- Chloe Bennet Gets All Dolled Up for 'Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D' PaleyFest - Watch The Full Panel Here!