Disney Promotes Lucasfilm Deal With Ad Featuring Darth Vader Visiting Disneyland (Video)
The infamous villain visits the "Happiest Place on Earth" in new clip.
For the millions of Star Wars fans still spinning from the news that Walt Disney Co. has acquired Lucasfilm and will release a new Star Wars movie in 2015, Disney wants you to know that someone else is spinning from the news too.
Darth Vader – on Disneyland’s Mad Tea Party ride.
An ad from Disney Parks features the Star Wars masked villain taking a trip to the “Happiest Place on Earth.” Along with a couple of stormtroopers, the Sith Lord rides the Dumbo ride, uses The Force to pull out Excalibur’s Sword, and catches the eye of some princesses.
While the ad was originally made for the opening of the Star Tours attraction in 2011, it’s been remixed with a new opening that includes the text: “Darth Vader, Now that you’re part of the Disney family, what will you do next?”
The Walt Disney Co. announced Tuesday that it had acquired Lucasfilm for $4.05 billion in cash and stock, and that Kathleen Kennedy, current co-chair of Lucasfilm, will become its president.
Disney chairman and CEO Bob Iger has announced that the first new Star Wars movie is targeted for 2015 and that the company has goals for another movie every two to three years after that.
Watch the ad below.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Chrissy Teigen's Optical Illusion Ensemble Is Making Us Do A Double Take
- Jon Stewart Mocks Media 'Chaos' Over Obamacare Ruling
- North West Takes Her First Steps, Kim Posts Adorable Picture After Swimming Lesson
- The Aquabats! celebrate their 20th anniversary at Comic-Con as they ponder the group's next move