Disney Reveals Title for 'Monsters Inc.' Sequel
The "Monsters University" moniker was announced Tuesday at CinemaCon.
The sequel to Disney/Pixar's Monsters Inc. has a title: Monsters University.
Disney revealed the moniker at its presentation at CinemaCon Tuesday.
Monsters Inc. was one or Pixar's early hits, released in 2001 as the company's fourth movie. Pete Docter and David Silverman co-directed the pic, which featured voicework from John Goodman and Billy Crystal as fright engineers Sully and Mike Wazowski. The movie scared up $525 million worldwide.
Sully/Goodman and Wazowski/Crystal are expected to be back as will monster bad guy Randall Boggs (voices by Steve Buscemi). Disney has scheduled the sequel for a 2012 release.
The premise for the new movie is under lock and key although Disney said it will be a prequel.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- 'Family Guy'/'Simpsons' Crossover Episode Sneak Peek Is Pure Bliss
- Sexual Harassment At Comic-Con Leads To Call For New Convention Policy
- A Conversation with CBS This Morning's Anthony Mason, Plus Chase Rice, Gentle Giant's Derek Shulman & William Gage Blanton
- The 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1' Trailer Is Here To Fight
- 'The Flash' Cast Has a Blast at Buzzfeed's Rooftop Flash Bash
- Amanda Seyfried's Boyfriend Justin Long Almost Gets Tusks Sewn Into His Head in 'Tusk' Trailer - Watch Now!
- Naomi Watts Is In Talks to Star in Jake Gyllenhaal's 'Demolition'
- Kesha Gets Picked Up By Boyfriend Brad Ashenfelter at LAX Airport