Disney Buys Scott Rosenberg Christmas Comedy Project for $1 Million
John Jacobs will produce the action-comedy.
Recalling the big sales of yore, Disney has won a bidding war for a Christmas-themed pitch, paying $1 million for the action-comedy project from scribe Scott Rosenberg.
John Jacobs is producing via his Smart Entertainment shingle.Smart’s Zac Unterman will executive produce.
The logline is being kept under wraps, but the bidding was between Universal and Disney.
Rosenberg was behind some of the big Jerry Bruckheimer action movies in the 1990s including Con Air and Gone in Sixty Seconds and co-created the short-lived ABC drama Happy Town.
He did a rewrite of Pain and Gain for Michael Bay, and has supernatural comedy The Hauntrepreneur set up at Paramount.
The deal was made by Rosenberg's rep at WME, who did it while on maternity leave.
Smart Entertainment is a producer on the Seth MacFarlane comedy Ted for Universal and MRC. Their previous credits include Beverly Hills Chihuahua and Blades of Glory.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'
- Let's Help Rush Limbaugh With This Whole Movies With The Word 'Slave' In The Title Thing