District 9 Tributes Ready for Battle in 'Hunger Games'
Imanol Yepez-Frias and Annie Thurman have joined the Lionsgate film that stars Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson.
The week isn’t completely over until a new casting for The Hunger Games movie is unveiled.
This time, unknowns Imanol Yepez-Frias and Annie Thurman have been tapped as the unnamed District 9 tributes for the upcoming Lionsgate film, to be directed by Gary Ross. Yepez-Frias and Thurman join a group of relative newcomers as the studio rounds out its ensemble cast.
Unlike the rest of the districts in the Suzanne Collins novel, District 9’s specialty is unknown. During the 74th Hunger Games, Katniss and the District 9 tribute fight over some supplies.
The Hunger Games cast is led by Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson, Liam Hemsworth, Elizabeth Banks, Paula Malcolmson and the recently-announced Wes Bentley. In addition, Willow Shields, Leven Rambin, Jack Quaid, Dayo Okeniyi and Amandla Stenberg are among the young actors playing pivotal characters.
Left to be cast are characters including President Snow, Cinna, Haymitch and key tributes Cato and Clove of District 2.
The film is slated for a March 23, 2012 release and begins filming in the next few weeks.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR