District 9 Tributes Ready for Battle in 'Hunger Games'
Imanol Yepez-Frias and Annie Thurman have joined the Lionsgate film that stars Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson.
The week isn’t completely over until a new casting for The Hunger Games movie is unveiled.
This time, unknowns Imanol Yepez-Frias and Annie Thurman have been tapped as the unnamed District 9 tributes for the upcoming Lionsgate film, to be directed by Gary Ross. Yepez-Frias and Thurman join a group of relative newcomers as the studio rounds out its ensemble cast.
Unlike the rest of the districts in the Suzanne Collins novel, District 9’s specialty is unknown. During the 74th Hunger Games, Katniss and the District 9 tribute fight over some supplies.
The Hunger Games cast is led by Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson, Liam Hemsworth, Elizabeth Banks, Paula Malcolmson and the recently-announced Wes Bentley. In addition, Willow Shields, Leven Rambin, Jack Quaid, Dayo Okeniyi and Amandla Stenberg are among the young actors playing pivotal characters.
Left to be cast are characters including President Snow, Cinna, Haymitch and key tributes Cato and Clove of District 2.
The film is slated for a March 23, 2012 release and begins filming in the next few weeks.
2014 Emmy Awards
Follow Heat Vision
- 5 Seconds Of Summer's Calum Hood Sends Naked Snapchat, Then Shrugs It Off With Emoticon
- Why Courtney Stodden Will Never Be Marilyn Monroe, In Her Own Words
- Ridley Scott Addresses 'Exodus' Casting Following Whitewash Backlash
- It's Labor Day, Which Means Your Future Best Picture Winner Might Already Be Here
- Chelsea Clinton Leaving NBC News to Focus On Her Baby & Other Work
- Margot Robbie Begins Filming 'Tarzan' After Mystery Boyfriend is Revealed!
- Aaron Taylor-Johnson & Wife Sam's Home Raided by Armed Police After Gun Spotted Inside
- Ariana Grande Performs 'Bang Bang' On 'Today' Show; Tells The World She's 'Happy' About Love Life