'Divergent': Shailene Woodley Braves Initiation in New Film Still (Photo)
Summit’s highly anticipated YA adaptation hits theaters March 21, 2014.
Shailene Woodley braves daunting heights in the newest still from Summit Entertainment’s Divergent.
In the image, Tris (Woodley) begins her initiation into the Dauntless (brave) faction -- one of the five groups that individuals must commit to in the tale’s dystopian world. In the scene, she must jump down into a courtyard with a deep, black hole, after already jumping from a train onto a seven-story building. An image released last month shows the actress braving knives being thrown at her head.
Talk about hazing.
The beloved YA novel written by first time author Veronica Roth has topped the New York Times Best Sellers list ever since it was published in May 2011. In addition to Woodley, Theo James, Kate Winslet, Maggie Q, Miles Teller and Zoe Kravitz also star in the film adaptation helmed by Neil Burger.
Divergent is slated to hit theaters on March 21, 2014.
Email: Sophie.Schillaci@THR.com; Twitter: @SophieSchillaci
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR