'Divergent': Shailene Woodley Braves Initiation in New Film Still (Photo)
Summit’s highly anticipated YA adaptation hits theaters March 21, 2014.
Shailene Woodley braves daunting heights in the newest still from Summit Entertainment’s Divergent.
In the image, Tris (Woodley) begins her initiation into the Dauntless (brave) faction -- one of the five groups that individuals must commit to in the tale’s dystopian world. In the scene, she must jump down into a courtyard with a deep, black hole, after already jumping from a train onto a seven-story building. An image released last month shows the actress braving knives being thrown at her head.
Talk about hazing.
The beloved YA novel written by first time author Veronica Roth has topped the New York Times Best Sellers list ever since it was published in May 2011. In addition to Woodley, Theo James, Kate Winslet, Maggie Q, Miles Teller and Zoe Kravitz also star in the film adaptation helmed by Neil Burger.
Divergent is slated to hit theaters on March 21, 2014.
Email: Sophie.Schillaci@THR.com; Twitter: @SophieSchillaci
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Sofía Vergara Reveals Who She Dresses Up For (VIDEO)
- Before The Beat Drops: Heavy English's 'Black Dog' Brings Back Gritty, Bluesy Rock 'N' Roll
- Watch The First Promo For Fox's Controversial New Reality Dating Show 'I Wanna Marry Harry'
- Chelsea Handler Breaks Silence On That Infamous Instagram Photo And Why Network TV Isn't For Her
- Did You Catch the Coen Brothers Easter Egg in Fargo?
- Julie Klausner Talks to Billy Eichner About Billy on the Street, Mayim Bialik, and Getting Fuse to Agree to ‘Ask a Squirter’
- Watch Nick Kroll, Paul Scheer, and NBA Stars Live-Read Space Jam
- Four Scandal Actors Pick Their Characters’ Favorite Monologues