Sony Sets Release Date for D.J. Caruso-Directed Sci-Fi Disaster Epic 'Invertigo'
Caruso, coming off the box office disappointment "I Am Number Four," also directed "Eagle Eye" and "Disturbia."
D.J. Caruso is in final negotiations to direct Invertigo, a sci-fi disaster movie that Sony has already slated for a spring 2014 release.
Caruso, who last directed I Am Number Four, also directed Eagle Eye and Disturbia. This project would return him to the sci-fi genre of his last film, and this time he's working from a script by Ehren Kruger and Bradley Cramp.
Here's the intriguing logine:
"A long lost NASA space probe mysterious crash lands in New York City, apparently under the influence of a "dark energy" force that drives the universe's expansion. But the scientific curiosity soon becomes a disaster of cataclysmic proportions as Earth's own gravity is disrupted and eventually reversed, causing skyscrapers and bridges to be ripped from the ground and rivers to rain from the sky. A team led by the Office of Emergency Management supervisor is forced to mount a desperate mission into upside-down Manhattan to avert the entire planet's destruction."
Sony has set a March 7, 2014 release date. Neal Moritz is producing via his Original Films banner.
Hannah Andrea Giannetti are overseeing for the studio while Toby Jafe shepherds for Original.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'