Sony Sets Release Date for D.J. Caruso-Directed Sci-Fi Disaster Epic 'Invertigo'
Caruso, coming off the box office disappointment "I Am Number Four," also directed "Eagle Eye" and "Disturbia."
D.J. Caruso is in final negotiations to direct Invertigo, a sci-fi disaster movie that Sony has already slated for a spring 2014 release.
Caruso, who last directed I Am Number Four, also directed Eagle Eye and Disturbia. This project would return him to the sci-fi genre of his last film, and this time he's working from a script by Ehren Kruger and Bradley Cramp.
Here's the intriguing logine:
"A long lost NASA space probe mysterious crash lands in New York City, apparently under the influence of a "dark energy" force that drives the universe's expansion. But the scientific curiosity soon becomes a disaster of cataclysmic proportions as Earth's own gravity is disrupted and eventually reversed, causing skyscrapers and bridges to be ripped from the ground and rivers to rain from the sky. A team led by the Office of Emergency Management supervisor is forced to mount a desperate mission into upside-down Manhattan to avert the entire planet's destruction."
Sony has set a March 7, 2014 release date. Neal Moritz is producing via his Original Films banner.
Hannah Andrea Giannetti are overseeing for the studio while Toby Jafe shepherds for Original.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR