'Doctor Who' Meets 'Hunger Games' in New Parody (Video)
Can't choose between the 50th anniversary "Doctor Who" or new "Hunger Ganes" movie? A new short mashes together this weekend's two big nerd events.
With both the global simulcast of the Doctor Who 50th anniversary episode and release of The Hunger Games: Catching Fire happening in the next few days, it's far from the greatest surprise to see someone mash the two fan-favorite franchises together, but Brad Hansen's The Doctor Games offers more than just the initial blush of recognition.
Admittedly, the video is more of a Who-lover's dream than an Easter Egg hunt for Hunger Games fans -- it re-creates part of the trailer for Catching Fire and plays off familiar tropes from the YA series while going deeper in Who lore (The celery gag in particular is one lost on most everyone who didn't watch the series during the Fifth Doctor era), but there's enough to enjoy in the video for fans of both franchises.
Now, if only we could get Katniss to join the Doctor in the TARDIS for an adventure. Surely there's some official crossover novel potential in there somewhere.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- 'Family Guy'/'Simpsons' Crossover Episode Sneak Peek Is Pure Bliss
- Sexual Harassment At Comic-Con Leads To Call For New Convention Policy
- A Conversation with CBS This Morning's Anthony Mason, Plus Chase Rice, Gentle Giant's Derek Shulman & William Gage Blanton
- The 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1' Trailer Is Here To Fight
- 'The Flash' Cast Has a Blast at Buzzfeed's Rooftop Flash Bash
- Amanda Seyfried's Boyfriend Justin Long Almost Gets Tusks Sewn Into His Head in 'Tusk' Trailer - Watch Now!
- Naomi Watts Is In Talks to Star in Jake Gyllenhaal's 'Demolition'
- Kesha Gets Picked Up By Boyfriend Brad Ashenfelter at LAX Airport