'Doctor Who' Star Joins Marvel's 'Guardians of the Galaxy' (Exclusive)
Karen Gillan is boarding a cast that already includes Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana and Glenn Close.
Karen Gillan, who starred as Doctor Who’s companion for several seasons on the hit BBC show, is joining the cast of Marvel Studios’ Guardians of the Galaxy.
The movie is barreling towards a late-June shoot in the U.K. with James Gunn behind the camera.
The movie is in casting mode, with Glenn Close joining the roll call earlier this week. Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana and Dave Bautista lead the cast of Marvel's space adventure movie, which has Lee Pace and Michael Rooker as villains.
Details for Gillan's role were not revealed, although it is known she will play the film’s lead female villain.
The Scottish actress played companion Amy Pond in Doctor Who's fifth through the recently ended seventh series. The character was hugely popular and appeared in Doctor Who books, apps and video games. Gillan has several indies in the can, including Oculus, a horror flick with Katee Sackhoff.
She is repped by UTA and Michael Duff at the U.K.’s Troika Talent.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Jenny McCarthy Slams Rumor She Criticized Melissa McCarthy's Weight
- Jenny Lewis Doesn't Want To Be An 'Old Little Girl'
- Nicki Minaj Delays 'Anaconda' Release, But Gives Us Another Salacious Instagram Post
- How James Gunn Turned 'Guardians Of The Galaxy' Into The Coolest & Weirdest Blockbuster Of 2014