'Doctor Who' Star Joins Marvel's 'Guardians of the Galaxy' (Exclusive)
Karen Gillan is boarding a cast that already includes Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana and Glenn Close.
Karen Gillan, who starred as Doctor Who’s companion for several seasons on the hit BBC show, is joining the cast of Marvel Studios’ Guardians of the Galaxy.
The movie is barreling towards a late-June shoot in the U.K. with James Gunn behind the camera.
The movie is in casting mode, with Glenn Close joining the roll call earlier this week. Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana and Dave Bautista lead the cast of Marvel's space adventure movie, which has Lee Pace and Michael Rooker as villains.
Details for Gillan's role were not revealed, although it is known she will play the film’s lead female villain.
The Scottish actress played companion Amy Pond in Doctor Who's fifth through the recently ended seventh series. The character was hugely popular and appeared in Doctor Who books, apps and video games. Gillan has several indies in the can, including Oculus, a horror flick with Katee Sackhoff.
She is repped by UTA and Michael Duff at the U.K.’s Troika Talent.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
Follow Heat Vision
- My Dream Duets: Chatting with Barry Manilow, Andre Cymone and Carroll Matthews Exclusives and The Hawthorne Chronicles
- 'Wasn't He Gay?': A Revealing Question About Mister Rogers
- 'Walking Dead' Star Laurie Holden Is A Real-Life Hero
- Kat Dennings On Kim Kardashian: 'I've Never Seen An Ass Like That In My Life'
- Jennifer Garner & Michelle Monaghan Help Honor Matthew McConaughey with Special Award!
- Eva Longoria & Cameron Diaz Show Huge Support For Hillary Clinton's Fundraiser
- Anne Hathaway & Jessica Chastain Rep 'Interstellar' at American Cinematheque Event!
- Reese Witherspoon & Kate Hudson Support Their Leading Man Matthew McConaughey!