'Doctor Who' Star Joins Marvel's 'Guardians of the Galaxy' (Exclusive)
Karen Gillan is boarding a cast that already includes Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana and Glenn Close.
Karen Gillan, who starred as Doctor Who’s companion for several seasons on the hit BBC show, is joining the cast of Marvel Studios’ Guardians of the Galaxy.
The movie is barreling towards a late-June shoot in the U.K. with James Gunn behind the camera.
The movie is in casting mode, with Glenn Close joining the roll call earlier this week. Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana and Dave Bautista lead the cast of Marvel's space adventure movie, which has Lee Pace and Michael Rooker as villains.
Details for Gillan's role were not revealed, although it is known she will play the film’s lead female villain.
The Scottish actress played companion Amy Pond in Doctor Who's fifth through the recently ended seventh series. The character was hugely popular and appeared in Doctor Who books, apps and video games. Gillan has several indies in the can, including Oculus, a horror flick with Katee Sackhoff.
She is repped by UTA and Michael Duff at the U.K.’s Troika Talent.
What Hollywood Earns
Follow Heat Vision
- Old Dogs & New Tricks: The Oral History of a 'Gay' Web Series (Part 2)
- Steven Tyler Wails 'Dream On' In Maui Like It's 1973
- HuffPost Live's 'Spoiler Alert' Looks Back At This Season's Earliest TV Cancellations
- Remembering Mike Nichols, His Insight and His Introduction to Jacqueline Kennedy at El Morocco
- Beyonce Shows Off Her Booty in Hilarious Made-at-Home Music Video for '7/11'
- Nina Dobrev Celebrates RH Atlanta's Gallery Opening
- Colin Farrell on Set of 'True Detective' Will Get You Pumped Up for the Second Season
- How To Get Away With Murder's Karla Souza & Katie Findlay Celebrate The Golden Globes