Don Cheadle: 'Iron Man 3' Doesn't Make Me 'Cool' to Kids
Playing a Marvel superhero hasn't convinced his daughters he's a hip dad.
He may fly and blow stuff up with a repulsor beam in Iron Man 3, but that isn’t enough to convince Don Cheadle’s kids he's cool.
Cheadle, who suits up as War Machine and the Iron Patriot in The Marvel Studios film, told Jay Leno his 16- and 18-year-old daughters still see him as pretty uncool.
“So you must be the cool dad,” Leno said on Friday’s The Tonight Show after showing a poster featuring Cheadle in armor.
“I’ve never been the cool dad,” Cheadle said. “You’re never the cool dad to your kids.”
Cheadle said he gave his daughters action figures based on his character. While the older daughter kept the figure in its original box and asked Cheadle to sign it, his younger daughter had other plans.
“She immediately took it out and started putting it in postures and hitting it with stuff,” Cheadle said.
Iron Man 3, from director Shane Black, hits Imax and traditional theaters May 3. Cheadle stars alongside Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow, Ben Kingsley and Guy Pearce.
The Tonight Show airs on NBC at 11:35 p.m.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)
- The CW's 'Star Crossed' Is The Classic WB Show You've Been Waiting For
- Love 'Cosmos?' Then NASA's 'Images Of A Space-Time Odyssey' Will Make Your Jaw Drop (PHOTOS)