Donald Faison Joining 'Kick-Ass 2'
The former "Scrubs" star will play Dr. Gravity in the followup, with Jeff Wadlow directing.
Donald Faison is in negotiations to join the cast of Kick-Ass 2: Balls to the Wall.
Matthew Vaughn’s MARV Films is financing the project, just like it did the first movie. Universal will distribute domestically.
Vaughn, who directed the first movie, is a producer on this one, with Jeff Wadlow in the director’s chair.
Aaron Johnson and Chloe Moretz are reprising their roles of Kick-Ass and Hit-Girl respectively. Christopher Mintz-Plasse is coming back as the villainous Red Mist.
The movie will adapt the recent Kick-Ass 2 comic mini-series as well as Hit Girl, which is in the middle of its run. Mark Millar and John Romita Jr. write and draw the comics.
Faison will play Dr. Gravity, a copy writer by day who dresses up as a superhero by night and wants to start a start a hero group called Justice Forver.
Faison, who was one of the stars of TV’s Scrubs, is back on the small-screen with TV Land’s The Exes. He is repped by APA. and Fuller Downs.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Zoe Saldana Understands Why You Would Mistake Her for Other Black Actresses
- You Simply Must Watch Robin Thicke’s Ridiculous Movie Debut
- Orange Is the New Black’s Danielle Brooks on Lies, Laughing, and Taystee-Poussey Shippers
- Dear Hollywood: Stop Using Frank Miller’s Batman Stories As Source Material