Donald Faison Joining 'Kick-Ass 2'
The former "Scrubs" star will play Dr. Gravity in the followup, with Jeff Wadlow directing.
Donald Faison is in negotiations to join the cast of Kick-Ass 2: Balls to the Wall.
Matthew Vaughn’s MARV Films is financing the project, just like it did the first movie. Universal will distribute domestically.
Vaughn, who directed the first movie, is a producer on this one, with Jeff Wadlow in the director’s chair.
Aaron Johnson and Chloe Moretz are reprising their roles of Kick-Ass and Hit-Girl respectively. Christopher Mintz-Plasse is coming back as the villainous Red Mist.
The movie will adapt the recent Kick-Ass 2 comic mini-series as well as Hit Girl, which is in the middle of its run. Mark Millar and John Romita Jr. write and draw the comics.
Faison will play Dr. Gravity, a copy writer by day who dresses up as a superhero by night and wants to start a start a hero group called Justice Forver.
Faison, who was one of the stars of TV’s Scrubs, is back on the small-screen with TV Land’s The Exes. He is repped by APA. and Fuller Downs.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David