Donald Faison Joining 'Kick-Ass 2'
The former "Scrubs" star will play Dr. Gravity in the followup, with Jeff Wadlow directing.
Donald Faison is in negotiations to join the cast of Kick-Ass 2: Balls to the Wall.
Matthew Vaughn’s MARV Films is financing the project, just like it did the first movie. Universal will distribute domestically.
Vaughn, who directed the first movie, is a producer on this one, with Jeff Wadlow in the director’s chair.
Aaron Johnson and Chloe Moretz are reprising their roles of Kick-Ass and Hit-Girl respectively. Christopher Mintz-Plasse is coming back as the villainous Red Mist.
The movie will adapt the recent Kick-Ass 2 comic mini-series as well as Hit Girl, which is in the middle of its run. Mark Millar and John Romita Jr. write and draw the comics.
Faison will play Dr. Gravity, a copy writer by day who dresses up as a superhero by night and wants to start a start a hero group called Justice Forver.
Faison, who was one of the stars of TV’s Scrubs, is back on the small-screen with TV Land’s The Exes. He is repped by APA. and Fuller Downs.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR