'Downton Abbey' Star in Talks to Join Disney's 'Cinderella' (Exclusive)
Kenneth Branagh is directing the live-action feature, which stars Lily James and Cate Blanchett.
Downton Abbey star Sophie McShera is in negotiations to play a wicked stepsister in Disney’s live action version of Cinderella.
Kenneth Branagh is directing the movie project, which sees Lily James, who has also appeared on Downton, in the title role, Cate Blanchett as the wicked stepmother, and Game of Thrones' Richard Madden as the prince.
McShera will join Holliday Grainger to play the two mean stepsisters, Drisella and Anastasia, who are constantly ridiculing Cinderella, the orphan girl who, with the help of a fairy godmother and some magic, overcomes challenges to find a prince and true love.
Simon Kinberg, Allison Shearmur and David Barron are producing. The script is by Aline Brosh McKenna and Chris Weitz.
A fall shoot in London is being eyed.
McShera plays kitchen maid-turned-assistant cook Daisy Mason on Abbey, the popular ITV/PBS show.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Benedict Cumberbatch & Keira Knightley Dance in 'Imitation Game' Trailer - Watch Now!
- Michelle Dockery's 'Downton Abbey' Returns on January 4 For Fifth Season!
- Dwayne Johnson Wears Wig For Funny Fitness Skit on 'Tonight Show' - Watch Now!
- Kate Hudson Can't Stop Giggling During Box of Lies Game - Watch Now!