'Dragon Tattoo' Scribe Steve Zaillian in Talks to Rewrite 'Jack Ryan'
Steve Zaillian is in negotiations to rewrite Jack Ryan for Paramount.
Jack Bender is directing the movie, which is due to star Chris Pine as the budding intelligence analyst of the Tom Clancy novels.
The pic was due to shoot in Budapest in March but shooting got pushed back to the spring.
Zaillian boarding the project will push the start date further, possibly up to four or five weeks, although Paramount can’t risk any more time since the studio needs Pine for the Star Trek sequel, which will also likely be nudged slightly, but not enough to impact its release date.
But Jack Ryan will happen, insiders say.
“If they’re spending the money for this guy, they’re making the movie,” said one source.
Zaillian, repped by WME, most recently wrote the adaptation for The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.
Sundance: On the Scene
Follow Heat Vision
- 13 New Photos From Game of Thrones Season 5
- An Open Letter to the Jerk at This Week’s Savages Show
- Casey Affleck and Matthias Schoenaerts to Explore the Beauty and Majesty of the American Wilderness for HBO’s Lewis and Clark
- Game of Thrones Season 5’s First Trailer Promises a Lot of Changes From the Book
- Elizabeth Olsen Supports Fight Against AIDS with Dita Von Teese & Conchita Wurst at Sidaction Gala Dinner 2015
- Zachary Quinto Supports Taylor Schilling & Peter Dinklage at 'A Month In the Country' Opening Night Party!
- Shirtless Eddie Redmayne Shows Off Impressive Six-Pack Abs in Sexy 'Jupiter Ascending' Still
- Amy Poehler Gets Epic Homecoming As Hasty Pudding's Woman of the Year 2015!