'Dragon Tattoo' Scribe Steve Zaillian in Talks to Rewrite 'Jack Ryan'
Steve Zaillian is in negotiations to rewrite Jack Ryan for Paramount.
Jack Bender is directing the movie, which is due to star Chris Pine as the budding intelligence analyst of the Tom Clancy novels.
The pic was due to shoot in Budapest in March but shooting got pushed back to the spring.
Zaillian boarding the project will push the start date further, possibly up to four or five weeks, although Paramount can’t risk any more time since the studio needs Pine for the Star Trek sequel, which will also likely be nudged slightly, but not enough to impact its release date.
But Jack Ryan will happen, insiders say.
“If they’re spending the money for this guy, they’re making the movie,” said one source.
Zaillian, repped by WME, most recently wrote the adaptation for The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10