DreamWorks Wins Bidding War for 'Glimmer'
The found footage project is described as Amblin-esque.
DreamWorks has won a bidding war to pick up Glimmer, a found footage spec script by Carter Blanchard.
The logline is unknown but is described as Amblin-esque and involves teens and time travel.
The bidding came down to DreamWorks and Paramount, with DreamWorks closing a deal with a progress-to-production term. The dollar figure was in the mid-to-high six figures range, according to sources.
Adam Kolbrenner will produce the project and Robyn Meisinger and Ryan Cunningam are executive producing.
Blanchard is best known for writing Dead Asleep (aka Bedbugs), which is set up at New Line. He is repped by Paradigm, Madhouse Entertainment, Lichter Grossman.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Vanessa Hudgens Flashes Her Calvins in Low Slung Shorts!
- Man Sings Frozen's 'Let It Go' in 21 Different Disney Voices & It's as Amazing as You'd Think!
- Neil Patrick Harris Skypes in Shirtless for 'How I Met Your Mother' PaleyFest Panel!
- Three Grandmas Read Beyonce's 'Drunk in Love' Lyrics & Their Reactions Are Hilarious - Watch Now!