DreamWorks Hires 'Bob's Burgers' Duo to Write 'Hot Stuff' (Exclusive)
DWA is developing a movie based on the classic Harvey Comics character.
Siblings Wendy and Lizzie Molyneux are being tapped to write Hot Stuff for DreamWorks Animation, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
Hot Stuff is based on the classic comic character Hot Stuff the Little Devil published by Harvey Comics starting in 1957. He was part of Harvey’s lineup that included Casper the Friendly Ghost and Wendy the Good Little Witch. (Harvey was also behind Richie Rich.)
DWA acquired him in 2011 when it bought Classic Media, the modern-day owner of the Harvey properties.
Hot Stuff is a little devil demon child, still in a diaper, who loves to cause trouble. He also can’t help but perform good deeds, which annoys other devils.
Plot details for the Molyneux duo's take were not revealed but some sources say the project would be a live-action/CG hybrid, a first for DWA; the latter had no comment.
The Molyneux sisters are best known for writing Bob’s Burgers, the Fox primetime animated series, and have an overall deal with 20th Century Fox Television. On the movie side, they wrote The Day I Turned Uncool for Paramount and their script My Sister Is Marrying a Douchebag landed on the 2009 Black List.
Both are repped by WME, Kaplan/Perrone Entertainment and Morris Yorn.
Health & Hollywood
THR @ TORONTO
Follow Heat Vision
- That Story About the Django Unchained Actress Handcuffed for ‘Kissing While Black’ Just Got More Complicated
- Watch a Supercut of Every Impression Bill Hader Did on SNL
- See the Beautiful Book Jacket for Jami Attenberg’s Saint Mazie
- Do I Have Enough Time to Catch Up on Scandal? Your Pressing TV Questions, Answered
- Sarah Jessica Parker & Kate Hudson Are Fashion Muses for THR's Top Designers
- Matt Bomer's Robot Hand Won't Let Go of Liv Tyler's Breast in 'Space Station 76' Clip (Exclusive)
- Chloe Moretz: Denzel Washington is a 'Master Class in Acting'
- Jamie Foxx Releases 'Party Ain't a Party,' First New Song Since 2010