DreamWorks Hires 'Bob's Burgers' Duo to Write 'Hot Stuff' (Exclusive)
DWA is developing a movie based on the classic Harvey Comics character.
Siblings Wendy and Lizzie Molyneux are being tapped to write Hot Stuff for DreamWorks Animation, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
Hot Stuff is based on the classic comic character Hot Stuff the Little Devil published by Harvey Comics starting in 1957. He was part of Harvey’s lineup that included Casper the Friendly Ghost and Wendy the Good Little Witch. (Harvey was also behind Richie Rich.)
DWA acquired him in 2011 when it bought Classic Media, the modern-day owner of the Harvey properties.
Hot Stuff is a little devil demon child, still in a diaper, who loves to cause trouble. He also can’t help but perform good deeds, which annoys other devils.
Plot details for the Molyneux duo's take were not revealed but some sources say the project would be a live-action/CG hybrid, a first for DWA; the latter had no comment.
The Molyneux sisters are best known for writing Bob’s Burgers, the Fox primetime animated series, and have an overall deal with 20th Century Fox Television. On the movie side, they wrote The Day I Turned Uncool for Paramount and their script My Sister Is Marrying a Douchebag landed on the 2009 Black List.
Both are repped by WME, Kaplan/Perrone Entertainment and Morris Yorn.
Fall TV Preview
Follow Heat Vision
- McKayla Maroney Was Reportedly Underage In Hacked Nude Photos
- Richard Lewis Talks Richard Lewis: Bundle of Nerves: Mighty Movie Podcast
- Justin Verlander Addresses Online Photo Hacking Of Him And Girlfriend Kate Upton
- Internet Tries Donating In 'Honor' Of Leaked Jennifer Lawrence Photos, Nonprofit's Not Having It
- Rita Ora & Cara Delevingne Flaunt Their Long Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Gerard Butler Makes Hugo Boss Look So Good at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Mindy Kaling to 'Flare': If I Want 3 Kids, I Need to Get Going (Exclusive Pic!)
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Honored Her Mom Marcheline at Their Intimate Wedding