DreamWorks Hires 'Bob's Burgers' Duo to Write 'Hot Stuff' (Exclusive)
DWA is developing a movie based on the classic Harvey Comics character.
Siblings Wendy and Lizzie Molyneux are being tapped to write Hot Stuff for DreamWorks Animation, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
Hot Stuff is based on the classic comic character Hot Stuff the Little Devil published by Harvey Comics starting in 1957. He was part of Harvey’s lineup that included Casper the Friendly Ghost and Wendy the Good Little Witch. (Harvey was also behind Richie Rich.)
DWA acquired him in 2011 when it bought Classic Media, the modern-day owner of the Harvey properties.
Hot Stuff is a little devil demon child, still in a diaper, who loves to cause trouble. He also can’t help but perform good deeds, which annoys other devils.
Plot details for the Molyneux duo's take were not revealed but some sources say the project would be a live-action/CG hybrid, a first for DWA; the latter had no comment.
The Molyneux sisters are best known for writing Bob’s Burgers, the Fox primetime animated series, and have an overall deal with 20th Century Fox Television. On the movie side, they wrote The Day I Turned Uncool for Paramount and their script My Sister Is Marrying a Douchebag landed on the 2009 Black List.
Both are repped by WME, Kaplan/Perrone Entertainment and Morris Yorn.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Brooks Wheelan on His Post-SNL Plans, Returning to a Days Inn Budget, and Taking Comedians Camping
- A Most Wanted Man Is an Unshapely Movie That Showcases Philip Seymour Hoffman at His Peak
- Seinfeld Might Come to Netflix
- In the Outlandishly Entertaining Lucy, Scarlett Johansson Becomes One With the Action-Movie Universe