DreamWorks Picks Up Book Proposal 'Noble Assassin'
Cary Fukunaga is attached to direct and will produce with Anonymous Content.
DreamWorks Studios has acquired a book proposal by Paul Kix for Noble Assassin as a directing vehicle for Cary Fukunaga.
Fukunaga also will produce as will Anonymous Content, the production company behind DreamWorks’ upcoming Benedict Cumberbatch drama The Fifth Estate.
Based on the true story of a French aristocrat turned anti-Nazi saboteur named Robert de la Rochefoucauld, who is described as being James Bond before there was a James Bond.
Harper Collins will publish in the U.S.; foreign rights are to be sold at the Frankfurt Book Fair in October.
De la Rochefoucauld grew up in privilege in France, but when the Nazis invaded and imprisoned his father, he fled and joined the British Special Operations Executive.
He was trained to crack safes and to kill and was sent back to France where he helped organize the resistance. He blew up train stations and munitions factories, was tortured for months when caught and twice escaped execution.
Fukunaga is best known for directing 2011’s Jane Eyre, which starred Mia Wasikowska.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR