'Dredd' Poster Proclaims 'Judgment is Coming' (Photos)
Actor Karl Urban is front and center in this new one-sheet from the forthcoming adaptation of John Wagner's iconic comic book series.
17 years after Sylvester Stallone and Diane Lane attempted to bring John Wagner’s iconic comic book character Judge Dredd to life on the big screen, Karl Urban and director Pete Travis are set to try again with Dredd. Distributor Lionsgate unveiled a new poster for the film Monday in advance of the film’s September 21, 2012 opening, accompanied by two new stills from the sci-fi opus.
Urban plays the title character, a no-nonsense lawbringer assigned to evaluate a rookie cop named Cassandra Anderson (Olivia Thirlby). Investigating an heinous crime, the pair are called to a fortresslike tenement that most cops won’t dare enter, eventually apprehending a member of the inner circle of prostitute-turned-druglord Ma-Ma’s (Lena Headey) operation. Ma-Ma soon forces them to fight for their lives as she takes over the command center of the building and sets loose its inhabitants on the two officers.
Take a look at the poster above, and a pair of images below. Dredd opens nationwide September 21, 2012.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game