'Dredd' Poster Proclaims 'Judgment is Coming' (Photos)
Actor Karl Urban is front and center in this new one-sheet from the forthcoming adaptation of John Wagner's iconic comic book series.
17 years after Sylvester Stallone and Diane Lane attempted to bring John Wagner’s iconic comic book character Judge Dredd to life on the big screen, Karl Urban and director Pete Travis are set to try again with Dredd. Distributor Lionsgate unveiled a new poster for the film Monday in advance of the film’s September 21, 2012 opening, accompanied by two new stills from the sci-fi opus.
Urban plays the title character, a no-nonsense lawbringer assigned to evaluate a rookie cop named Cassandra Anderson (Olivia Thirlby). Investigating an heinous crime, the pair are called to a fortresslike tenement that most cops won’t dare enter, eventually apprehending a member of the inner circle of prostitute-turned-druglord Ma-Ma’s (Lena Headey) operation. Ma-Ma soon forces them to fight for their lives as she takes over the command center of the building and sets loose its inhabitants on the two officers.
Take a look at the poster above, and a pair of images below. Dredd opens nationwide September 21, 2012.
Follow Heat Vision
- 'Supreme Court: No Girls Allowed' Perfectly Parodies The Hobby Lobby Ruling
- Colbert Mocks Kim Kardashian's New Video Game, Introduces One Of His Own
- On 'The Bachelorette' Finale, We Learned That Sex Happens -- Even On Reality TV
- Micah McCain Dishes Up Bette Midler In 'Beaches' In Just Under 4 Minutes
- Dianna Agron Rocks Really High Hair for 'Headlock' Filming
- Benedict Cumberbatch Think His Evil Character Kahn Could Come Back for 'Star Trek 3'!
- Pregnant Zoe Saldana & Chris Pratt Strike the Sassiest Pose Ever at New York Stock Exchange!
- Colton Haynes is a Sexy Leather Stud for New Diesel by Nicola Formichetti Campaign