'Drive' Director in Early Talks to Tackle Sony Horror Project
Sony picked up the spooky script in February.
Nicolas Winding Refn, who directed Ryan Gosling in Drive, is in early negotiations to helm The Bringing, a horror thriller being made by Sony Pictures, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Sony picked up the spooky project as a spec by Brandon and Phillip Murphy in February for Matt Tolmach and Daniela Cristina Cretu to produce.
The Bringing is based on occurrences at L.A.’s Cecil Hotel, which has a history of the macabre. Its latest claim to infamy was the incident involving Elisa Lam, a woman who was found dead in a water tank on the hotel's roof. Before she died, however, Lam was captured on camera behaving strangely in a hotel elevator.
The script follows a man investigating her death.
Refn last directed Only God Forgives, which also starred Gosling.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- We Spent Half An Hour Talking To Allison Janney About 'Drop Dead Gorgeous'
- Here's How 'Modern Family' Star Eric Stonestreet Really Feels About That Emmy Snub
- 'American Horror Story' Leaked Call Sheet Signals Possible Return Of A Past Character
- New Visions on Romance: Hour of the Wolf Movie Review of I Origins & Mood Indigo
- Not Only is Zoe Saldana Pregnant, But She's Reportedly Expecting Twins!
- Nicole Kidman, Keith Urban, and Daughters Sunday & Faith Join Reba McEntire's 'Pray for Peace' Campaign (Video)
- Shia LaBeouf Arrives for Court, Is Working Out a Plea Deal for His Recent Arrest Charges
- Kelsey Grammer & Wife Kayte Welcome Newborn Son Gabriel!