'Drive' Director in Early Talks to Tackle Sony Horror Project
Sony picked up the spooky script in February.
Nicolas Winding Refn, who directed Ryan Gosling in Drive, is in early negotiations to helm The Bringing, a horror thriller being made by Sony Pictures, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Sony picked up the spooky project as a spec by Brandon and Phillip Murphy in February for Matt Tolmach and Daniela Cristina Cretu to produce.
The Bringing is based on occurrences at L.A.’s Cecil Hotel, which has a history of the macabre. Its latest claim to infamy was the incident involving Elisa Lam, a woman who was found dead in a water tank on the hotel's roof. Before she died, however, Lam was captured on camera behaving strangely in a hotel elevator.
The script follows a man investigating her death.
Refn last directed Only God Forgives, which also starred Gosling.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
Follow Heat Vision
- Movie Review: A Walk Among the Tombstones
- Abel Ferrara's "Pasolini" Premieres at the Deauville American Film Festival: A Heated Discussion with the Director
- Inspiration Through Film - A Festival
- The Boomtown Rats Return: A Conversation with Bob Geldof, Plus a Chat with Finch's Nate Barcalow and Lots of Exclusives
- Liam Neeson's First Movie Footage is a Must See - Watch Now!
- 'Orange is the New Black's Laverne Cox Will Spotlight Trans Youth In 'The T Word' Documentary!
- Julianne Moore & Husband Bart Freundlich Look as Happy as Ever After Nearly 20 Years Together!
- Victoria Beckham Voted Greatest Style Icon in the UK!