Voltage Pictures, Solipsist Films Acquire 'The Driver' (Exclusive)
The spec comes from director-writer team Spenser Cohen and Zach Luna.
Voltage Productions and Solipsist Films have acquired The Driver, a spec by director-writer team Spenser Cohen and Zach Luna.
Cohen, a recent USC grad, will direct the project, with Solipsist’s Stephen L’Heureux and Nic Chartier and Craig J. Flores of Voltage producing.
The producers, who saw a visual presentation on top of reading the script, are moving high gear on the project and hope to begin casting in the New Year.
Driver centers on a man whose life suburban existence is flipped on his drive to work when he finds himself coerced to be the wheelman of an assembled group of criminals. The man learns that thieves were not randomly assembled and that the heist leads to a larger mystery.
Voltage, the company behind The Hurt Locker, is in post on the Robert Redford-directed political thriller The Company We Keep and recently wrapped Imogene, an indie starring Kristin Wiig and Annette Bening.
Solipsist recently set up vampire thriller Undying Love, based on a comic created by Tomm Coker and Daniel Freedman, at Warner Bros. The company is also involved with Decoding Annie Parker, an ensemble drama featuring Helen Hunt and Samantha Morton.
Cohen and Luna are repped by WME and Energy Entertainment.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10