Dwayne Johnson Attached to Star in MGM's 'Seal Team 666' (Exclusive)
Evan Spiliotopoulos, who worked on MGM's upcoming Johnson-starring action adventure movie "Hercules," wrote the screenplay for the adaptation.
Dwayne Johnson is attached to star in MGM’s action project Seal Team 666.
Johnson will also executive produce the feature along with Dany Garcia, as well as Brendan Deneen and Peter Joseph of Macmillan Films.
Based on the book by Weston Ochse, the project follows an elite group of Navy SEALs who battle demons and assorted threats and discover that there’s a greater supernatural force bent on destroying the world.
Evan Spiliotopoulos, who penned MGM's upcoming Johnson-starring action adventure movie Hercules, wrote the screenplay for the adaptation.
Hiram Garcia, a former assistant to Johnson, will produce Seal Team 666, which is in development and has no director at this stage.
Johnson recently wrapped Hercules, directed by Brett Ratner, and the movie is set for a July 25, 2014, release. The actor, repped by WME and Gang Tyre, is now shooting Fast & Furious 7.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws