Dwayne Johnson in Talks for Paramount's 'G.I. Joe' Sequel
The studio is bringing in a viper’s nest of new characters, which means that many of the players from the first one won’t be back.
Dwayne Johnson is in talks to join Paramount’s sequel to G.I. Joe, being directed by John Chu.
The studio and producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura are rebuilding the franchise title and are bringing in a viper’s nest of new characters, which means that many of the players from the first one won’t be back. (Channing Tatum, who played Duke in the first movie, is one that is expected to return.)
Johnson has the offer for the role of machine gunner Roadblock, described as “a big guy with a big gun.”
Johnson, repped by WME, is enjoying a new crest in popularity due to the box office success of Fast Five.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR