Dwayne Johnson Will Say 'Shazam' After All
But is he going to play the bad guy in the movie?
Dwayne Johnson has, it seems, come clean about his desire to join the Marvel Family — not Marvel Studios, but the one that includes a superheroic rabbit and kindly uncle, not to mention a wizard fond of a very special magic word.
The Associated Press is reporting that, during an appearance in Mexico City to promote Hercules, Johnson confirmed that he would play a role in a Warner Bros. adaptation of the DC Entertainment property Shazam. This follows previous hints about such an announcement during earlier Hercules promotional appearances this summer.
The report adds that Johnson said that he isn’t sure yet whether he’ll take the role of hero Shazam or his nemesis Black Adam in the movie, noting that he has “always been a fan of anti-heroes,” and that Black Adam — an earlier version of Shazam from Ancient Egypt who has become an anti-hero in recent years — has always been one of his favorite DC characters.
No matter which role he takes, he said that he is “putting my heart and soul and my bones” into it, according to the Associated Press report. To date, no Shazam project has been officially announced by Warner Bros., although with no less than nine mystery DC Entertainment movies scheduled between 2016 and 2020, it wouldn’t be lacking a potential release date.
Follow Heat Vision
- T-Pain on What Happened to His Aaliyah Collaboration, Furious 7, and FKA Twigs' Engagement to Robert Pattinson [Updated]
- Patricia Arquette Will Follow Up Her Oscar Win With a Memoir
- Pete Holmes on How the Comedian Became the Modern-Day Philosopher
- Ed Sheeran Fits Right in With the Cast of Sesame Street
- You Can Own a 'Magic Mike XXL' T-Shirt with Channing Tatum's Shirtless Torso On the Front!
- Kelly Clarkson Makes Epic Return to 'American Idol,' Sings 'At Last' & 'Heartbeat Song' - Watch Now!
- George Clooney & Sacha Baron Cohen Hug It Out After Dinner
- Zayn Malik & Perrie Edwards Look Too Cute Together in New Pic