Dylan Penn Horror Film 'Condemned' Finds Its Cast
Eli Morgan Gesner, a professional skateboarder turned clothing designer, wrote the script and is directing the film.
Johnny Messner, Ronen Rubinstein, Shawn Christensen, Jon Abrahams and Jordan Gelber have joined Dylan Penn in Condemned, the horror film from Eli Morgan Gesner.
Caliber Media partners Dallas Sonnier and Jack Heller arranged the financing and are producing alongside Jason Sokoloff.
Also cast were Genevieve Hudson-Price (The Wire), Anthony Chisholm (Oz), Kevin Kirkwood (Broadway’s Kinky Boots), Kea Ho (Sin City: A Dame to Kill For), and Michael Drayer (Deception). Lydia Hearst and punk rocker Honor Titus are already on board.
Penn, Titus, Rubinstein and Hudson-Price portray a group of kids who live in a condemned, filthy squat on Manhattan’s Lower East Side. After an infection originating from their own waste hits the building’s residents, the people inside lose their minds and go on murderous rampages.
The producers are hoping to emulate the tones of cult classics Delicatessen, Evil Dead 2 and After Hours.
Gesner, a pro skateboarder turned fashion designer turned director, wrote the script and will shoot the movie in New York in April.
Messner will next be seen in The Equalizer, starring Denzel Washington. He is repped by ATA Management.
Abrahams, Hearst and Rubinstein are all repped by Radius Entertainment.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Gerard Butler Shows Off Chest Hair Touching Down at LAX!
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Trailer Starring Shirtless Jamie Dornan & Dakota Johnson is Here & It's Super Steamy - Watch Now!
- Jennifer Morrison Arrives On Set for 'Once Upon a Time' & It's Getting Us Pumped for Season Four!
- Karlie Kloss Reveals the Secret to Her Amazing Abs