Dynamite Entertainment Launches 10th Anniversary Humble Bundle
Pay-As-You-Choose digital offer includes titles by George R.R. Martin, Kevin Smith and others, and benefits Doctors Without Borders, the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund and Make-A-Wish Foundation.
In recent months, both Image Comics and IDW Publishing have teamed with Humble Bundle, the company that offers collections of digital material for sale at a price determined by the buyer. On Wednesday, Dynamite Entertainment became the latest comic publisher to offer a bundle that celebrates the publisher’s 10th anniversary and benefits the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund, Make-A-Wish Foundation and Doctors Without Borders.
The Humble Dynamite 10th Anniversary Bundle launched Wednesday and runs through July 9, with 118 individual comics available, including Gail Simone’s Red Sonja (The first issue of which is available as a free download until 11 a.m. PT on June 26), Kevin Smith’s The Green Hornet and a comic book version of George R.R. Martin’s Wild Cards shared-world superhero series. Titles by Warren Ellis, Fred Van Lente and Alex Ross also are available.
Each title is available in multiple digital formats, including CBZ, PDF and ePub, so as to be compatible with most tablets and e-Readers. In addition to choosing the format of purchases, buyers can select where their money goes, dividing payment between Dynamite, the three charities involved and Humble Bundle in whatever level they prefer.
“Marking our tenth year of publishing, 2014 has been very special to everyone here at Dynamite, as we reflect back on all our hard efforts, and look forward to the accomplishments and new heights to come,” Nick Barrucci, CEO and publisher at Dynamite Entertainment, said in a statement accompanying announcement of the Bundle. “Our Humble Bundle promotion runs through July, leading up to our anniversary month, as a way to celebrate and reward current fans (and entirely new fans) with accessible, entertaining digital comics at an incredible price.”
To date, Dynamite’s 10th anniversary year has included announcements of a new toy line, new licensing deals with the estate of Edgar Rice Burroughs and Ernest Tidyman that will result in John Carter and Shaft comic books, the launch of the critically acclaimed Gold Key line of comics and new series from creators including Joshua Hale Fialkov, Duane Swierczynski and Peter Milligan.
Learn more about the Bundle here.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
Follow Heat Vision
- Shades Of Blue, Tiger Eyes & Beyond: Chatting with Joe Bonamassa, Jim Peterik and Sondre Lerche
- 'South Park' Completely Trolls Washington Redskins With In-Game Ad Ripping Team Name
- Hell on Wheels: Recent Season Four Episode Seven Delivers!
- Ken Burns' 'The Roosevelts' Reveals Everything Wrong With Our Current Political Class
- Anne Hathaway Does Tai Chi with Robert De Niro Again!
- Emma Watson Gives a Powerful Speech About Gender Equality - Watch the Video & Read Full Transcipt Here
- Camilla Belle & Max Greenfield Support 'L.A. Loves Alex's Lemonade' Fundraiser
- Pregnant Hayden Panettiere Has Fun at Food & Wine Festival After Nude Pics Leak