Dynamite Entertainment Teases 'Captain Victory' Return
One of the last comic book creations of the classic co-creator of the Marvel Universe will be revived by "Ben 10" co-creator Joe Casey and an army of crack artists this summer.
Jack Kirby's creations include some of the most famous superheroes in existence: Captain America, Iron Man, the X-Men, the Hulk and many more. Even in the creator's post-Marvel career, he went on to create Darkseid, the Demon and OMAC, concepts and characters that have powered years of stories for DC Entertainment in comics, animated series and elsewhere. Now one of his last creations is about to see new life from a host of creators, including one of the men responsible for Cartoon Network's hugely successful Ben 10.
Dynamite Entertainment has announced that Captain Victory and the Galactic Rangers -- a series Kirby created for independent publisher Pacific Comics in 1981 -- will return later this year with Man of Action Studios' Joe Casey writing, and an amazing lineup of creators (Farel Dalrymple, Ulises Farinas, Michel Fiffe, Jim Mahood, Benjamin Marra, Jim Rugg and Connor Willumsen) providing the art for the series.
This will be the second revival of the character for Dynamite; Captain Victory was one of many Kirby creations to appear in the 2012 Kirby: Genesis series, with a short-lived Captain Victory spinoff series launching as a result. This new series -- teased by Dynamite with the tagline "The next level has arrived" -- will launch in July.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game